Onboard Booking Discount for Cunard?

Sweetpea711423

Usually onboard credit (to the tune of $300 each for the first and second passengers - I don't know about solo bookings) but the fare is the same as you'd see on the website.

If you have a travel agent who discounts from Cunard fares you can refer the booking to that TA and the TA may reprice with their discount. The onboard booking office will offer to refer the booking to the TA who booked the cruise you're on but to go to a different TA you need to call Cunard after the cruise.

8 minutes ago, Underwatr said:

Usually onboard credit (to the tune of $300 each for the first and second passengers - I don't know about solo bookings) but the fare is the same as you'd see on the website.

If you have a travel agent who discounts from Cunard fares you can refer the booking to that TA and the TA may reprice with their discount. The onboard booking office will offer to refer the booking to the TA who booked the cruise you're on but to go to a different TA you need to call Cunard after the cruise.

Thank you.  Very helpful answer.

It is the same rate or Sale Promo  currently available that you get booking it  shoreside . It is the Future Cruise OBC that 

you will receive by booking onboard that is the bonus . In the past I have seen things like Double the OBC for booking certain soft sailings but lately that has been rare.

A good TA can discount those Cunard Rates and/or give you more OBC if you assign or transfer the Onboard Booking to your TA .

19 hours ago, Underwatr said:

I booked onboard (QE) last week, and fare in £s was around £100 less than on the Cunard.co.uk web site. Got $115 + $300 pp on board credit.

Stuart

On 10/18/2018 at 8:50 PM, Underwatr said:

Unfortunately, the OBC is now $200 on future cruise bookings, but a sharp T/A can find more goodies. For my next cruise I got $700 OBC, Free drinks ($12.and under) and prepaid gratuities.

Booked a crusie for 2020 and are currently on QM2 price for cruise was exactly the same as if I had booked at home direct with Cunard but my booking has been referred back to my TA who will give me further discount. The only advantage of booking onboard is low deposit and OBC of between $200 and $400pp depending on grade of cabin booked.

Edited by majortom10

17 hours ago, Bigmike911 said:

Unfortunately, the OBC is now $200 on future cruise bookings, but a sharp T/A can find more goodies. For my next cruise I got $700 OBC, Free drinks ($12.and under) and prepaid gratuities.

You're right, it varies by cruise length. For cruises of 10 days and longer it's $300 but for 7-9 days its $150 (balcony category in both cases - suites are more, insides and ocean view are less).

I just got my pre-cruise book for Christmas yesterday and the above is what's printed in that.

Can someone explain how the 'referred back to your TA' works?  Do Cunard do this automatically or do you have to do this when you return home?  The agent we've booked our upcoming cruise with has never offered us obc so do I ask for it on the basis they will be getting commission for taking over the booking - I assume this is correct.

Any advice gratefully accepted.

The way I think it works based on Cunard & Holland America: They will refer the booking to the TA that booked the cruise you're on, and if your TA discounts from list the TA will send you a booking notice showing the discounted price. If you want to refer to a TA other then the one that booked your current cruise you have to wait until you get home (although I suppose you could call the next day regardless of where you are).

5 hours ago, babs135 said:

Can someone explain how the 'referred back to your TA' works?  Do Cunard do this automatically or do you have to do this when you return home?  The agent we've booked our upcoming cruise with has never offered us obc so do I ask for it on the basis they will be getting commission for taking over the booking - I assume this is correct.

Any advice gratefully accepted.

If you don’t wish the TA that booked you on the current cruise to be assigned your future booking ,you MUST uncheck the box on the Future Cruise purchase form that indicates you wish your future reservation to go to that cheapskate TA . Otherwise it may automatically go to that TA.

12 minutes ago, MCC retired said:

If you don’t wish the TA that booked you on the current cruise to be assigned your future booking ,you MUST uncheck the box on the Future Cruise purchase form that indicates you wish your future reservation to go to that cheapskate TA . Otherwise it may automatically go to that TA.

And yes, I am dense enough to ask the following question 'sigh'.  How do I go about giving my reservation to an agent other than the one I am currently using?  

2 hours ago, babs135 said:

And yes, I am dense enough to ask the following question 'sigh'.  How do I go about giving my reservation to an agent other than the one I am currently using?  

The Future Cruise will have a Reservation #. You give that # to your new TA .

That is the actual Reservation # for your next cruise .

On 10/21/2018 at 2:27 PM, babs135 said:

You cant as far as the UK goes you either leave it with Cunard or they will automatically refer it back to the cruise TA you are booked with on the cruise when you do the booking you cannot refer it back to another TA. Cunard give you extra OBC for booking onboard and will be automatically added to the booking which is sent to your TA they then might reduce the price a little more by adding their discount.

Edited by majortom10

We're in the US and just booked our first Cunard cruise for next December (2019) . We booked it directly with Cunard because our TA for past cruises offered the exact same price. So if we were to transfer (?) the booking to her, would she be able to get us further discounts or OBC? We booked with the Three for all promotion.

Edited by 2Oldpeopleinlove

If you are not getting OBC and other gifts then you need to look for a better TA.  We booked a TA crossing for Nov 2019, paid the posted fare and got the $12 drink package, included gratuity and about $1300 in OBC.  Most of this is easily searchable on the web.

4 hours ago, ratflinger said:

If you are not getting OBC and other gifts then you need to look for a better TA.  We booked a TA crossing for Nov 2019, paid the posted fare and got the $12 drink package, included gratuity and about $1300 in OBC.  Most of this is easily searchable on the web.

Don't get drinks package and included gratuity here in the UK; maybe some if you are in the Grills, otherwise not.

7 hours ago, ratflinger said:

Thanks for your reply. However, we are booked in Britannia class, so I could understand you better if you said what kind of cabin you are booked into.