Seabourn Christmas, New Year Cruise

koalapanda

We’ve done several SB cruises over Christmas and NYE. We like them because it’s stress-free for passengers, and SB does a great job creating a festive holiday experience. 

You have to get all your holiday erands finished in advance, but once you’re on the ship, all your chores are done and you can relax. 

Our absolute favorite holiday cruise on SB was to Antarctica over the 2013/2014 holidays. 

We’re currently booked for a holiday cruise (Singapore to HK) this year. Looking forward to visiting an interesting part of the world, and missing cold weather and holiday craziness at home. 

We've done the last few years onboard with Seabourn and it is a wonderful experience. The right mix of Christmas without being over the top - bar the elf outfits on Christmas Day :)

New Years Eve is also a good celebration. There will be one off events from the crew and entertainment staff, special meals and so on. This is in addition to all the usual Seabourn elements that make the brand what's it is.

Sadly for s year the pricing got a bit silly so we have other plans ashore in Thailand but the Seabourn product is excellent.

I will post up a link to the last Christmas cruise we did.

Henry

We're usually on a Seabourn ship for Christmas and New Year and agree with DCTraveler244 and AbleSeamanH.

For us Seabourn strikes a perfect balance between keeping things festive without going ridiculously over the top. The ship is decorated tastefully and the celebrations are spot on. The relief of getting onto the ship after all of the seasonal stress back home is wonderful!  

We'll  be on Ovation this year, having done the Singapore to Hong Kong itinerary previously, although it was in March and in the opposite direction. Very much looking forward to it and am now counting down the weeks until departure.

On 10/20/2018 at 4:23 PM, Able Seaman H said:

We've done the last few years onboard with Seabourn and it is a wonderful experience. The right mix of Christmas without being over the top - bar the elf outfits on Christmas Day 🙂

New Years Eve is also a good celebration. There will be one off events from the crew and entertainment staff, special meals and so on. This is in addition to all the usual Seabourn elements that make the brand what's it is.

Sadly for s year the pricing got a bit silly so we have other plans ashore in Thailand but the Seabourn product is excellent.

I will post up a link to the last Christmas cruise we did.

Henry

Thanks very much for the video Henry. We've been on, I think, three cruises, SB and SS, which ended just before Christmas and we wished every time we were staying on. The holiday itineraries are always priced at a premium but we'd love to do one one day, and they're usually local so if I squint I can justify them because the flights are cheaper, even more so if one end is in Singapore. 

The elves creeped me out. 

Enjoy Krabi at Christmas. It's not Seabourn but it's a great place and even though Thais don't really do Christmas, the resorts and hotels go all out and really make it special. I hope you and your family will have a great time. 

1 hour ago, rols said:

The elves creeped me out. 

Don't let the elves put you. off. 😀  They only appear during the late morning of Christmas Day (after breakfast)  and they join Santa in giving the kids onboard a gift.  Then they disappear, back to the North Pole preparing for next year. 

My preference is for a festive but understated Holiday season. I think that SB does it very well. (I've also been on Silversea at Christmas too, a few years ago, and they also kept it understated).

We have been on 2 totally different itineraries over Christmas / New Years, Panama Canal and Antarctica.  The denominator being the crew.  They decorate the ship, go all out with special touches for the pax (and the crew - one night I happened upon the chefs setting something up and surprised them by asking if I could take a group photo after all the other pax had gone elsewhere, if you pay attention you will see the crew all having a special good time too).  Stewardess will leave "gifts" for you, New Years Day brunch, on the Panama Canal cruise we were at the Sky Bar until 3 a.m. New Year Eve / Day having a great time drinking special spirits brought on-board, and hanging with some crew and officers who were off duty and choose to spend the time with the pax instead of at the crew party.  That was special..  Last year in Antarctica we did not get to bed until after 2 a.m., but were in the Obs Bar - that was crowded.  We will not be on-board this year 😞 but plan on it going forward, hopefully many times more.