How Bad is Deck Three on Serenade of the Seas??

robin13

I am currently on deck 8 in an inside cabin which is all the way forward on Serenade of the Seas.  I have a chance to upgrade to a ocean view cabin which is on deck 3 aft.  I have never been on a deck this low before and was wondering how it was.  I have heard on other ships that there is a smell due to being so low so I was wondering if that was true. 

Speaking of the ships I've been on, there is typically more rumbling from the engine's in the AFT of the ship.  I've never been in an aft room that low.   We're always deck 7-9.

Personally, that move would not be an upgrade for me, but we don't care about an outside view.  We get plenty of real outdoor views around the ship.  We don't tend to hang out in our room.  Your Deck 8 cabin is where we like to be.  Deck 8 or 9, inside, forward cabin.

Dan

There is no more "odor" on lower decks than on higher decks.  ALL ships have a change of a sewage smell...it's the way ship's plumbing is...it can happen anywhere.  Might be a "fleeting" odor, or it might hang around.  Deck level has nothing to do with it.  If you happen to experience it, make sure ALL the drains have water in them, and call maintenance.

We have had a cabin on deck 3 on Serenade.  I’d do it over an inside any day.  It was a very decent room and quiet.  We were right over where people got off and on in port but just closed our curtain if needed.  Otherwise so nice to see the ocean out the window.

We are on her next month.  Started in an ocean view but were able to upgrade to a balcony for a decent price for 10 nights ($464) about 4 months out. It had been $800 more when we first booked it.

We were just on Serenade last week in 3624 and loved it.  We had always had a balcony room previously but had the chance to grab 2 cabins (OV and an inside) for the price of a balcony so we did that and took our DD and her friend along.  We liked the location, did not notice any smell or extra noise and would book one of those cabins again.  

Can't get me to book an inside cabin...once in the beginning was enough.  Too closed in for me, need natural light...even if it's a port hole, so for me...I would do that upgrade.  Only bad thing about deck 3 IMHO  is the very narrow hallways.  Tough to get around if there are carts or scooters out there.