Finally Watched "Like Father"... Trivia Questions

TBone2K

As many of you know "Like Father" is a father/daughter movie about rekindling family bonds filmed on Harmony of the Seas. We liked it and it's a fun movie just so you can spot the things you recognize in the background.

Anyway, I was trying to make a trivia submission for the IMDB web site. I was listing the areas of the ship seen in the movie. The Karaoke scene looks like it might have been filmed in the ice rink based on the size and seating arrangement, but I've never been on Harmony... All the seats look like they have a "table" in front of them where you can put drinks. Was that filmed in a film studio perhaps, or just somewhere else on the ship?

Also I don't think there were any scenes in the windjammer. Most of the dining scenes look like the Costal Cafe.

Apparently some scenes were shot long before they boarded the ship.  It's hard to shoot an entire movie in 7 days so they captured some footage in studios before.  Don't assume all venues are actual ship venues.

Coastal Kitchen was used extensively.  Guests boarding on day 1 couldn't use it upon boarding.   It became available later in the day.

Edited by twangster

The room was an owners suite on deck 14.  They changed the furniture layout.  They blocked off the bedroom and moved the bed to where the couch is.

For studio B it looks like they used every other row of seating and had tables and covers put over the other row.

At a quick glance it looks like it was filmed elsewhere however if you freeze frame you can see how they modified things to give it a slightly different look that suited the movie better.

• 5 months later...

Watched this last night. Once (as a avid cruise) you can get passed the fact that her father was able to take the place of her fiance/husband last second, it was a cure movie. And fun to see the Harmony in it. I also enjoyed seeing the aspects of building lifelong friendships with people you meet on cruises.