MSC status match

Jdcmia68

8 hours ago, Jdcmia68 said:

Does anyone know what the status match would be for a platinum on NCL what that would equate to for MSC.  I just signed up for their status match promotion.

Black card, we got that for platinum and countless others on this board report the same.

Thanks everyone.  Looking forward to trying MSC. Booked YC suite.  Hearing mixed reviews overall, but mostly positive for YC.   Truth be told we have been spoiled and used to the Haven on. NCL ships.   Taking a leap of faith for sure.      Also I haven’t been on here for quite sometime and having a hard time finding information.  I was used to the old way for sure.   Cheers to all.  Happy sailing.  

Anyone have a rough idea how long it takes MSC to respond to status match requests.  I submitted a request for my wife about three weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet.  We have an upcoming cruise in April '19.  I received my match (platinum on Princess) long before I ever booked MSC, but didn't submit my wife's request at the time.

Thanks,

Jim

19 minutes ago, toledo_cruiser said:

Anyone have a rough idea how long it takes MSC to respond to status match requests.  I submitted a request for my wife about three weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet.  We have an upcoming cruise in April '19.  I received my match (platinum on Princess) long before I ever booked MSC, but didn't submit my wife's request at the time.

Thanks,

Jim

We received ours in a few days. 

I received my status match about 10 days after applying. My husband submitted his and I hadn't heard for about two weeks and was told "his was rejected, but oh!  It was just approved!"  It seems some magic happened while we were on the phone. I'm not encouraged because our Black status discounted "fell off" the reservation and still haven't been restored.

At this point, the status match means nothing if they keep "falling off."

Edited by Markanddonna
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, Borntocruise22 said:

I’m Diamond on Carnival and was only matched Gold on MSC. I am submitting my husband because we are also diamond plus on RCL. My brother is Platinum on Carnival and got Gold also. Why are they inconsistent in status match?

They aren't inconsistent, you got what they apply for the status you presented. Diamond + on RCL will receive Black status!

5 hours ago, hamrag said:

They aren't inconsistent, you got what they apply for the status you presented. Diamond + on RCL will receive Black status!

Not true, Diamond is the highest on Carnival and we were status matched to Black as were many others.

Pat

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 10:15 AM, toledo_cruiser said:

Thanks,

Jim

I finally sent an email asking what was the problem. Got a response 10 days later saying they never got the first two requests sent. I replied with the info they wanted (a list from Carnival showing Platinum status and her number of cruises). Ten days later I get another email saying they needed to see the rep's name. I had blacked out his name because I didn't want to get him in any trouble. This time I sent his full email. I also created an account for her on Carnival so I could take a screen print of her VFP status and I sent that as well. The next day she was awarded Gold status. It took a lot more effort than my match, but it finally got completed.

We cruise next April. Does this mean we have to cruise at least every three years to maintain our status match?

1 hour ago, travelwide said:

The rules changed on October 1st 2018. See my post on another thread that discusses this topic. On Royal and celebrity only the top status is getting black now, Zenith and Pinnacle. Don't know what they're doing with other Cruise Lines.

We have just signed up for MSC loyalty, we are Elite with Celebrity and have be given Black status with MSC. Booked a week on Preziosa in August today and was given the 5% discount.  Thought we would give MSC a go so now reasearching the ship. We are non smokers and have just read that smoking is allowed in some bars so will be asking the main board where it’s allowed. Ex smokers so believe in live and let live just don’t like

the smell now.

8 hours ago, toledo_cruiser said:

I finally sent an email asking what was the problem. Got a response 10 days later saying they never got the first two requests sent. I replied with the info they wanted (a list from Carnival showing Platinum status and her number of cruises). Ten days later I get another email saying they needed to see the rep's name. I had blacked out his name because I didn't want to get him in any trouble. This time I sent his full email. I also created an account for her on Carnival so I could take a screen print of her VFP status and I sent that as well. The next day she was awarded Gold status. It took a lot more effort than my match, but it finally got completed.

We cruise next April. Does this mean we have to cruise at least every three years to maintain our status match?

I have been trying since September to get a status match done. Put it through the website two different times in late Sept/early Oct and waited the max 10 days response time each time with no follow up. Called in mid October and was told that they never received my requests and that I would know if it went through as I would get a confirmation email. So I tried again but got no confirmation email. Kept switching browsers to no avail. Left it for a few weeks as I noticed their website was having issues on and off. Sent it in again early last week with no confirmation again. Called them again and the rep created a Voyagers Club number for me and my spouse  while on the phone. She said I needed to respond to confirmation emails to activate them. Once that was done I was to email the status match documents directly to them. Never received the emails for the VC confirmation. Called back the next day and they had to put in an IT ticket for my accounts as I told them I had received no emails from MSC since booking in September not even a booking confirmation. Later that day I got an email from the rep saying our VC accounts were activated now and to send her our status match documents. Sent those right back with no reply. Resent the next day asking for a confirmation that my email was received with no reply again. Going to call again tomorrow as it’s been a week and see if this is being processed. This has been massively aggravating though. Never had to go through so many hoops with a cruiseline before.

21 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

I have been trying since September to get a status match done. … ...Going to call again tomorrow as it’s been a week and see if this is being processed. This has been massively aggravating though. Never had to go through so many hoops with a cruiseline before.

I know, but at least MSC acknowledges your past cruising experience (when the program works).  I see it as a perk, an enticement to at least try the cruise line. Perhaps the response has just been overwhelming. The terms FUBAR and SNAFU comes to mind.

I think I'll take our confirmation letters with us just in case.

Jim

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, toledo_cruiser said:

I know, but at least MSC acknowledges your past cruising experience (when the program works).  I see it as a perk, an enticement to at least try the cruise line. Perhaps the response has just been overwhelming.

I can't think of another (unaffiliated) cruise line that makes that offer.

3 minutes ago, Até said:

I can't think of another (unaffiliated) cruise line that makes that offer.

A very valid point.

This alone makes it worthwhile to jump through the hoops. On the Carnival Corp. cruise lines, as I'm sure you know, only HAL gives you credit for one cruise if you've cruised any of the other lines in the Carnival family. I don't know what RCI does as I've only cruised on Celebrity.

Jim

On 11/13/2018 at 3:05 PM, Borntocruise22 said:

So Carnival Platinum and Diamond members get the same gold status on MSC. 

I don't know if they have recently changed the rules, but when we applied for status match in May, we received black. We are Diamond with Carnival.

Pat

Hi folks.  Same here.  Platinum on NCL.  Got Black Status, called them back after I got the Status March email.  Got the 5% off and acknowledgment of the perks that come with it.  Looks to be basically a free upcharge dinner for the most part since we booked the yacht club on the Seaside and that itself comes with the best perks for sure.     Not sure how long they will keep this up.  Seems to cost them a lot of money.  But certainly made us switch to try them out.   The entire process took about 2 weeks.  

13 minutes ago, Jdcmia68 said:

Hi folks.  Same here.  Platinum on NCL.  Got Black Status, called them back after I got the Status March email.  Got the 5% off and acknowledgment of the perks that come with it.  Looks to be basically a free upcharge dinner for the most part since we booked the yacht club on the Seaside and that itself comes with the best perks for sure.     Not sure how long they will keep this up.  Seems to cost them a lot of money.  But certainly made us switch to try them out.   The entire process took about 2 weeks.  

While NCL perks for plat are just ok, at least MSC gives the 5%.