how long has it taken refund to show on your CC?

laumicmah

17 minutes ago, laumicmah said:

Cancelled 3 drink packages on Monday and one person off cruise on Tuesday. How long have folks, recently, waited for refunds to appear on CC? Was a CC and not a bank card. 

5-10 business days.

We had to call multiple times last cruise to get our dining refund from a cancellation over 90 days out.  RCCL kept saying there was an issue with the connectivity between RCCL and my TA.  This made NO sense given the dining package was bought directly with RCCL not the TA and other similar items when through within 7-10 business days.  Took 3 calls and 30 days for the refund.  I am sure this is not the norm, but I suggest calling just to follow up if it is past 7 working days. Can't hurt.

Edited by VaTech8912

Also realized the cruise fare was booked with CC and then we got frauded and got new CC so will it still be credited through? There still is 1 drink package refund that needs to go through on new CC. I have called twice and e-mailed. Lost $150 OBC too and waiting for that to be fixed. I guess another call is needed. 

Probably.  It was soooo frustrating.  I kept getting transferred between departments from C&A to group sales to regular customer service trying to get them to tell me where the refund stood.  Each time, was promised it was in the process and couldn't explain why 1 item refunded but not others.  Oh well, it finally did get fixed, but over a month is ridiculous.  BTW, my sister had the same issue with her CC.  When her refund was processed, it went to the original (now cancelled) cc and since the new card was with same company, the cc company transferred the credit to the new card.  You can call your cc to double check this will be how it works with them. Good luck, stay on them, it will work out.

So our $150 OBC is back. My and DH's drink package was refunded on our Citibank in 2-3 days. No refund for DS's drink package or his cancelled cruise fare on my Chase. I wonder if it may be Chase. They take forever to process charges too. Things can show pending for several days. 

They will credit back to the card you purchased it with.  If you have a different card now,  I would call the credit company and ask them how it will. E handled.  You don't want your CC company to refuse the credit because the card number is no longer valid. 

Update:

My 2 cancelled drink packages were put on Citibank card and refunded in like 2 days.

My cancelled cruise pax fare was put on that card too (I thought I used the cancelled Chase but nope). I called last night because it hadn't showed yet and they told me the last 4 digits so I realized it was the Citibank and it hadn't shown up yet. Then I check just now and there it is (back dated to the 19th).

The drink package for the cancelled pax was actually on my bank card and that showed yesterday. 

So it's all there but DS's cancelled stuff took longer to show than DH and my cancelled drink packages. But all did show within the 7-10 business days.

I really do not understand why people wait for the cruise company to cancel packages and credit the refunds. No reason in the World to wait, just contact the credit card provider and start a dispute, reason you cancelled the services. It will be credited the same day with most credit card companies. 

As a card holder and customer of the cruise line you are doing absolutely nothing wrong, the credit card user agreement which controls these situations does not require you to wait.

3 minutes ago, Expat Cruise said:

I really do not understand why people wait for the cruise company to cancel packages and credit the refunds. No reason in the World to wait, just contact the credit card provider and start a dispute, reason you cancelled the services. It will be credited the same day with most credit card companies. 

As a card holder and customer of the cruise line you are doing absolutely nothing wrong, the credit card user agreement which controls these situations does not require you to wait.

If you dispute a charge with Royal, they will typically blackball that credit card.

3 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

If you dispute a charge with Royal, they will typically blackball that credit card.

Do you have first hand knowledge of this or just what you believe. I have disputed charges with RCCL, got a total refund and later used the same card. If Royal tried to as you said blackball one of my cards they would be explaining to the credit card provider as to why they took actions not allowed under the merchant agreement. I know some companies try to do this but it only works if the client does not know the rules.

I am not bothered by it taking a week (though not sure why when some came through in 2 days). I was just worried it wouldn't come through at all and that I'd need to dispute getting a refund at all. We got many different answers prior to cancelling our DS (he was 3rd pax in cabin). And when we finally cancelled I was told we wouldn't pay any penalties but then I wondered if we'd get any refund (wording and language barriers make things unclear). In fact he said no penalties and guy before him said $100. We got all but $107 back....so neither guy was right. First guy said we just needed to switch names so one adult was in each cabin...second guy said we needed to switch cabins to get a 2 pax cabin because we could not keep the 3 pax cabin. At any rate...I don't get why it took a week for the cabin credit. But not a big issue. 

Oh, and DS called me last night to ask if it was too late to change his mind again and come after all. I said yes, too late. We booked this in Sept 2017. I kept asking if he could go (he works at a hotel and doesn't get a lot of time off). He said yep. Then he started dating a gal from Canada and asked me if she could join. I said we could add her but needed to know sooner rather than later. He said she couldn't get time off work so I paid final payment and booked drink packages. Then DS starts to say he wanted to use his time off work to go see her in Canada. So I ask if he's sure. All of this over a couple weeks. Finally he says..."yep, cancel me. I am going to Canada and can't get time off for 9 day cruise too". I cancel last week. He calls last night and wants to go because GF is quitting job and may not be in Canada so he's not going there. I tell him "too late". Uggghhhh.

Edited by laumicmah

1 hour ago, Expat Cruise said:

Do you have first hand knowledge of this or just what you believe. I have disputed charges with RCCL, got a total refund and later used the same card. If Royal tried to as you said blackball one of my cards they would be explaining to the credit card provider as to why they took actions not allowed under the merchant agreement. I know some companies try to do this but it only works if the client does not know the rules.

No, I do not have first hand knowledge. I've read multiple reports here of that practice.