How to search Princess board

pthjudy

For some reason I can’t seem to find the way to search just Princess and not the whole of Cruise Critic. It used to be easy, but I can’t find where that search is with the new format. I was going to see how far in advance of my cruise I can submit my CLL stock certificate. The time frame has varied in the past. Thanks. 

Hi,

I don't know about the search but I can answer your question. You can submit the stock certificates now waaaay in advance!! In fact I think we did it almost 1 year ahead of our cruise.

BTW you can also now use your OBC to book excursions before your are on board the ship too.

6 hours ago, gator489 said:

I am yet to see a pop up about search this forum....I still end up getting results from boards that do not apply to what I am looking for. 

+1 me too....

Also, the search feature of posts for the list of ships at the top of the Princess forum doesn't work either :classic_angry:

Still ALOT of work to do on the new CC

Srpilo

9 hours ago, srpilo said:

+1 me too....

Also, the search feature of posts for the list of ships at the top of the Princess forum doesn't work either :classic_angry:

Still ALOT of work to do on the new CC

Srpilo

Another thing that seems not to work properly is the preview button. Once it's selected it has to be posted....no going back to correct anything.

Just after I typed that, it's now working. 😖

and what about highlighting in color. It's gone completely. 😡 

21 hours ago, pthjudy said:

For some reason I can’t seem to find the way to search just Princess and not the whole of Cruise Critic. It used to be easy, but I can’t find where that search is with the new format. I was going to see how far in advance of my cruise I can submit my CLL stock certificate. The time frame has varied in the past. Thanks. 

I read on these boards not too long ago, this month, that the 90 day rule is back. The posting indicated that stock information submitted before 90 days is no longer posted to the cruise. I'll be faxing in for my February cruise soon.

I spent wasted time yesterday trying to fax and then found out that that department is not only closed on weekends, they shut off their fax as well. I submitted by mail because faxing for me requires moving my printer from one room to another and sitting on the floor. (My cable company persuaded me to get rid of phone jacks and use their modem or router or whatever that tower thingy is!)

12 minutes ago, pthjudy said:

I spent wasted time yesterday trying to fax and then found out that that department is not only closed on weekends, they shut off their fax as well. I submitted by mail because faxing for me requires moving my printer from one room to another and sitting on the floor. (My cable company persuaded me to get rid of phone jacks and use their modem or router or whatever that tower thingy is!)

Hope this helps a little....you can use a free fax service like faxzero.com, no printer rquired, and there is no 90 day rule anymore.

Cannot comment on operational hours for their fax machine, which is not a machine at all, but is a computer that receives any/all faxes.

Out of curiosity, how did you learn that "not only closed on weekends, they shut off their fax as well"?

I sent in my request for the shareholders benefit onboard credit by snail mail on Tuesday afternoon October 9th.  That letter had to travel from central Texas to southern California.  The credit showed up on my cruise personalizer on Friday October 19th.

The cruise that I requested this onboard credit for is more than 11 months in the future.

Edited by nukesubsailor
To add clarification

1 hour ago, thinfool said:

Hope this helps a little....you can use a free fax service like faxzero.com, no printer rquired, and there is no 90 day rule anymore.

Cannot comment on operational hours for their fax machine, which is not a machine at all, but is a computer that receives any/all faxes.

Out of curiosity, how did you learn that "not only closed on weekends, they shut off their fax as well"?

First let me say I totally forgot about fax zero which I did use the last time I submitted the CCL documentation. I am kicking myself as I type because it works like a charm and I love to use new to me technology. Second question about how I found out was from calling Princess. I mentioned the weird fax tone and was told not only was the office closed on weekends, but the fax machines not operating. Now to be perfectly honest, we all have been told incorrect information from the reps answering the phone so I can’t vouch for this 100%.