Jeans on "elegant" nights

The7Harrisons

2 hours ago, niciediva007 said:

The fact that you or anyone else would stoop to do this is absurd to me. 

What ever happened to kindness? What if the person you have removed is *this* close to the edge? Or is suffering from grief? Or is dealing with a mountain of other issues and is looking for one ray of sunshine in an unhappy life?

Don't forget in the middle of your selfish desire to control the atmosphere of everyone in the room that the grace or tolerance you exhibit can be a make or break moment for someone.

I cannot believe how human nature still has not evolved. Misery loves company. Blech. 🤮

Whatever happened with following simple rules?  While I would never do what this person does, the problem still started with someone who thinks the rules don’t apply to them. I agree with your point about human nature not evolving in many individuals. The rules for elegant night clearly state jeans are not allowed in the MDR, yet there are people out there who believe they are special and the rules don’t apply to them. That is the part that is sad in my opinion. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Don Kehote said:

Better yet, make it a sticky that's closed and banhammer people who start new threads about it.  It's run its course FOREVER, and is making the community actively toxic.

I guess I am not sure why something is not allowed to be talked about simply because somebody has discussed it before?  Nobody is forcing anybody to read it, and this thread was <relatively> civil.  No personal attacks, just people stating opinions.  Isn't discussion what this discussion board is here to provide?

2 hours ago, rukkian said:

I guess I am not sure why something is not allowed to be talked about simply because somebody has discussed it before?  Nobody is forcing anybody to read it, and this thread was <relatively> civil.  No personal attacks, just people stating opinions.  Isn't discussion what this discussion board is here to provide?

I don't like it.  That doesn't mean that you don't like it.  And it also doesn't mean that people who want to fight over clothing aren't going to fight over clothing.  Over and Over and Over again.

I'd like to see the ilk gone forever.  You would not like to see it gone forever, and that's fine too.  However, my mind is not going to change on the perception that these are universally garbage threads that recur way too often for my tastes. 

16 hours ago, Don Kehote said:

I don't like it.  That doesn't mean that you don't like it.  And it also doesn't mean that people who want to fight over clothing aren't going to fight over clothing.  Over and Over and Over again.

I'd like to see the ilk gone forever.  You would not like to see it gone forever, and that's fine too.  However, my mind is not going to change on the perception that these are universally garbage threads that recur way too often for my tastes. 

What works for me is if there is a topic I'm not interested in, or already discussed and got the info I need, I scroll by the new topics and don't participate.  Much more efficient.  

• Like 2