Platinum/Elite Lounge

BIGADORF

It is available on all ships. Passengers in Suites and those who are Elite or Platinum in the Captain's Circle  are invited. There are a variety of hors d' overies with a feature item each evening. In addition, I think there is a small discount on a few mixed drinks. It is held in one of the lounges.

Of course they are because I just became Platinum. First the dining room times changing and now the possible phasing out of this. I will be on the Coral in March through the Panama Canal.

Edited by BIGADORF

10 minutes ago, BIGADORF said:

Of course they are because I just became Platinum. First the dining room times changing and now the possible phasing out of this. I will be on the Coral in March through the Panama Canal.

Ignore any scuttlebutt of it being phased out. It is held every night including embarkation day except for the night of the Captain's Circle party. There should be an invitation listing the time and venue in your cabin when you board; it may or may not list the nightly appetizer--if it doesn't you can just show up and be surprised. For the Captain's Circle party the invitation will be sent to you one or two nights before.

• Like 2

On our trans-Atlantic cruise last month on the Royal Princess, there were so many past passengers that they held the Captain's Circle parties on two nights. There wasn't the cocktail event on those nights.

I like that they've expanded the drink selection to allow us to order any of the specials any night. I don't like that the price has gone up considerably since they first started. 

2 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

It was every night on our 11 night crown, 

And we were allowed to order any drink off the menu for the reduced price, unlike on the Royal in April, where we were relegated to the drink of the day  

2 hours ago, BIGADORF said:

It is just not that big of a deal .   Just another  Way for Princess to pump up its revenue by luring  us in and making us pay for our drinks 🍸 

The appetizers have remain the same as long as I’ve been going for over 10 years,  raw steak, which nobody seems to partake in,  some breadsticks some celery sticks ,  subpar tortilla chips,  and a shrimp fountain,  and some smelly cheeses on certain nights.   You really wouldn’t be missing much. LOL

2 hours ago, fishywood said:

Ignore any scuttlebutt of it being phased out. It is held every night including embarkation day except for the night of the Captain's Circle party. There should be an invitation listing the time and venue in your cabin when you board; it may or may not list the nightly appetizer--if it doesn't you can just show up and be surprised. .....

Per above ... exactly!  

We always enjoy going there some evenings with friends.  :classic_smile:

My Parents are Elite/Platinum. My siblings and I are not(3rd cruise level).

However, my parents are now at the age that they could use a little help from us to get around and to take care of matters. Will they be allowed to to take us to Elite/Platinum indulgences or are they on their own?

Even if asked to show your cruise card when first arriving--which only happens when the lounge is in a shared venue that non-P/E/S pax can wander through (as on Island Princess where it is in a corner of Explorer's Lounge)--I'm sure just one person in the group flashing a platinum or black card is more than adequate. But extremely unlikely to be necessary at all. Though I would still make sure that someone with said card is the one that pays, at least the first time you show up; on subsequent visits you should be recognized and not questioned at all.

50 minutes ago, 4cats4me said:

It was every night on our 11 night crown, 

And we were allowed to order any drink off the menu for the reduced price, unlike on the Royal in April, where we were relegated to the drink of the day  

We used to go every night it was open in the past.........we have never had it on every night of our cruises. Its always been dark on Captains Circle party night.

On the CB we were at the MTP cocktail party in Skywalkers hence no lounge that night.

Since they change the drinks we don't like any of them. It was great when then were $2.99. Now not so much. On the Star in June no schedule in the cabin at all, and the CB last month they had no listing of the appetizers on the cabin schedule. On the CB they only had veggies and dip with some cheeses. No shrimp/steak tartare/Stilton/chips and guac etc. Thats why I said IMO they are phasing it out. I won't waste my time anymore. Its a shame as we enjoyed it in the past.

Interesting.  We did have a menu in our stateroom, and it surprised me that they had the lounge all 11 nights. I even commented to my husband that this was the first time I’ve seen it where the PES remained open on the Captain formal night.  We were in Skywalkers every night and the party was held at Club Fusion, so maybe that’s why we still had our lounge??

well, even if they phase it out, I won’t miss tge Stilton or the  tartarrrrr! 

Like whatever any cruise line offers for “loyalty” either is starts too early or starts too late, is too expensive, doesn’t have the correct seating choices, is at the wrong lounge,  offers food or drinks someone doesn’t like, is too repetitive, is too repetitive... 

either one chooses to go or one chooses not to go. 

Edited by neverbeenhere
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, 4cats4me said:

Interesting.  We did have a menu in our stateroom, and it surprised me that they had the lounge all 11 nights. I even commented to my husband that this was the first time I’ve seen it where the PES remained open on the Captain formal night.  We were in Skywalkers every night and the party was held at Club Fusion, so maybe that’s why we still had our lounge??

well, even if they phase it out, I won’t miss tge Stilton or the  tartarrrrr! 

The CC party is almost always held in Club Fusion even when Skywalkers was closed for the PSE Lounge.

I think they usually use that (Skywalkers staff) for the CC party.

The Most Traveled Cocktail Party was held in Skywalkers because they did not have a luncheon on that cruise. We have had one there on a few occasions. Its a great location.

I remember mostly because we always had such a great time in the PES Lounge and was bummed because it was not being held on the CC party night and it seems they are cutting back.

Who knows. Every ship seems to have their own way of running things.  🙄

1 hour ago, 4cats4me said:

It is just not that big of a deal .... raw steak, which nobody seems to partake in,.... and some smelly cheeses on certain nights.   You really wouldn’t be missing much. LOL

Funny, the steak tartare and the Stilton in Port sauce are two of my favorite onboard edibles. One man's cheese...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, shepp said:

Funny, the steak tartare and the Stilton in Port sauce are two of my favorite onboard edibles. One man's cheese...

You aren't the only one!  We enjoy those things too and are happy on evenings when they are offered.  :classic_biggrin: