Hotel in Sydney

PSDottie

What do you call extremely expensive.

Sydney is consistently placed in the top few most expensive cities in the world to visit.

do you belong to any rewards programs.

we stay Holiday Inn the Rocks for convenience when cruising.

travelodge or Ibis are lower price but still OK quality.

I am cruising on Ovation in late February which will depart from Circular Quay.   I have booked a hotel  close to Central Railway Station, which will be convenient as we are travelling to Sydney via rail.   However, you can also get a train from the airport to Central railway as well.  It is called Valentine on George and nightly rate for King Size or Twin room is $170.00.   You can find it on any of the accommodation search sites and also check out the reviews which are all pretty good.   This is a great area to access Darling Harbour, Chinatown, Paddys Markets, bus/light rail transport etc.  Plenty of cafes, restaurants in area as well.   And the morning of the cruise we will catch a train to Circular Quay (3 stops) followed by a very short walk to the ship.   

Added bonus - I don't have to pay for accommodation until I arrive at the hotel.   And I can cancel my booking up to several days before my scheduled stay with them.    All very hassle free.     Good luck with your accommodation search.

1 hour ago, PSDottie said:

Thx -- it looks like any of the ones you mention are a possibility.  I gather The Rocks or Circular Quay would be a good place to stay.

Where to stay will depend on what you wish to do in those two days.

your ship will depart from the Rocks, The passenger Ferry’s are from Circular Quay as is a train station. The Rocks and quay are only a short walk apart.

We are on the same Dec 2 cruise on Solstice.  We're staying 2 nights at the Hotel Challis in Potts Point.  It's currently going for about 140-170 USD/night for those nights depending on which room you choose   A small boutique hotel.

https://www.sydneylodges.com/

It's in a decent location, walking distance to the opera house.  It gets good reviews saying its very clean and has comfortable beds.  The only issue is that the rooms are very small.  But it fits what we are looking for.  Good luck.  We hope to see you on Solstice.  

Edited by Lou33

PSDottie.

if you want something historic in the rocks,there’s a old pub called the Russell hotel.its reasonable in price,you may have to share a bathroom but it’s right in the action.

also darling harbour there’s a some reasonably price hotels.try the Novotel.

its just a short train ride.

We stayed at the north Sydney harbour view hotel. If you get a room on the 7th floor or above you get a fantastic view of the Sydney harbour, opera house etc etc. The rooms are great and a fantastic buffet breakfast in the morning. Very reasonably priced. You can watch your ship cruise in through the harbour to the port from your room. Highly recommended

Edited by portcbob