Yaya/Barefoot/Los Arrecifes advice?

kpjb

Going to be in Costa Maya at the end of November.

I'm leaning towards Tropicante, but I recently saw a few others that are a bit more inclusive but not as expensive as the normal AI resorts like Maya Chan. 

So, does anyone have any experience with Yaya Beach, Barefoot Beach, or Los Arrecifes?

All are around the same price, $25ish with drinks, add $10 or $15 more for food or massage service.  All in all it probably won't be that different in cost compared to Tropicante, so I'm looking for best experience overall.

TIA.

• 3 weeks later...

We went to Yaya back in May and had a great time there. There was a lot of seaweed but that seemed to be a problem everywhere and of course I can't hold mother nature against the place. We did have a lot of people walking by trying to sell crap but aside from that. The food, drinks and service was good. It was in a good location and we enjoyed our day laying by the water. 

IMO, you can't go wrong staying with Tropicante.  Yaya's is a good second choice.  And their "sister" club, Pitaya has a few more amenities but is a bit more expensive on their packages.    I think both Barefoot and Los Arrecifies accommodate cruise excursions from either ships or Shore Excursioner so they could be a bit more crowded if more than 1 ship is on port.

Beach massages are generally ala carte and run around USD20 for 1/2 hour. At one time Pez Quadro had the better masseuses, and before that El Faro's upstairs. But with newer clubs opening over the past few years and and all clubs offering beach massages, these ladies move around. Most are trained or have long experience, so you'll get a good relaxing massage where ever you end up.