Orient, Margot, Maho and Divi

Linda,  Do you need to make reservations for Little DIvi?  How far from the port?  I saw lots of pictures back in July on Tripadvisor of the new Bikini Beach.  Love the green color scheme, and so happy it's back.  I loved it there.

8 hours ago, gaylemh said:

Linda,  Do you need to make reservations for Little DIvi?  How far from the port?  I saw lots of pictures back in July on Tripadvisor of the new Bikini Beach.  Love the green color scheme, and so happy it's back.  I loved it there.

No reservations needed. I have been here several times. Close to port. One bay over from Great Bay.

20 hours ago, gaylemh said:

Do you need to make reservations for Little DIvi?  How far from the port?

No need for reservations.  Not far from port.  How long it takes depends on traffic.  15 minutes to half hour.

Linda - Great Pictures!  How did you guys cover so much ground?  Rent a car?  Traffic must have been pretty easy.  Did guard at Divi gate just wave you into property?

We were the only ship in port that day so not much traffic at all around the island :classic_biggrin:. We booked Bernard's Tours, Tour  #2 for the day, @ $45pp, which we've done many times and they make all these stops and a few more on their tours except for Divi Bay.

Normally their beach stop is at Bikini Beach,  since construction was going on at Bikini Beach and we only stayed for about 15 mins. as we shortly found out they shut off the water supply at the bar and rest rooms for about an 1/2 hour. Our tour guide, Mailman said he would take us to another beach at the end of our tour, so we all left. I know the water came back on shortly after we left from friends that arrived at Bikini a little later in the day.

L'E Press Bakery has only been opened for a month now is on the corner in Marigot where they had a restaurant called Le Vin en Rose. It's on the same block of Sarafina's which was destroyed in the hurricane, nothing had been built in its place yet. DH had a delicious Tuna Fish sandwich on a baguette, which I tasted and I bought a few pastries for later which were also very good. As you can see, prices for their sandwiches and pastries were very reasonable, they accept US$, speak English and they have a few tables and chairs outside.

The guard at Divi Bay let our van in with no problem and Divi Bay Resort is very close to the port about 10-15 mins. without traffic and agree with others, no reservations are needed. You would see the Lifeguard to rent chairs and an umbrella. Divi has a small Cafe, with sandwiches already made on French baguettes,  similar to the one at L E Press in Marigot, but a much smaller selection and I bought a few things at their Grocery store on the premise.

We enjoyed spending an hour and 1/2 at Divi and would definitely go back to either Bikini or Divi on our own in the future. Looking forward to repeating our day with Bernard's Tours on December 2 :classic_biggrin:
  • Like 2

On 10/21/2018 at 3:56 PM, gaylemh said:

On 10/21/2018 at 11:04 PM, oregonian123 said:

Is L’ E Press near where Serafina's used to be? It looks yummy!!

22 hours ago, SnorkelAway said:

No need for reservations.  Not far from port.  How long it takes depends on traffic.  15 minutes to half hour.

Linda - Great Pictures!  How did you guys cover so much ground?  Rent a car?  Traffic must have been pretty easy.  Did guard at Divi gate just wave you into property?

10 hours ago, Life is Good Cruising said:

L'E Press Bakery has only been opened for a month now is on the corner in Marigot where they had a restaurant called Le Vin en Rose. It's on the same block of Sarafina's which was destroyed in the hurricane, nothing had been built in its place yet. DH had a delicious Tuna Fish sandwich on a baguette, which I tasted and I bought a few pastries for later which were also very good. As you can see, prices for their sandwiches and pastries were very reasonable, they accept US$, speak English and they have a few tables and chairs outside. 

Thank you so much. That is great info.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2018 at 9:52 PM, oregonian123 said:

Thank you so much. That is great info.

My pleasure.

On 10/24/2018 at 10:09 AM, rachelj said:

So would you suggest not going to bikini beach for the day?  We are there next week and that’s what I had tentatively planned on doing. 

Bikini Beach should be fine, enjoy your day!