Lobster Served First or Second Formal Night?

bury me at sea

33 minutes ago, dmdiver said:

It's always been the first elegant night, which is the Captain's night where you can get your pic with the Captain.  I wish they would serve lobster on both elegant nights.

I agree that both nights would be lovely.

Edited by bury me at sea

1 hour ago, dmdiver said:

It's always been the first elegant night, which is the Captain's night where you can get your pic with the Captain.  I wish they would serve lobster on both elegant nights.

They do serve lobster on both Elegant nights - just on the second elegant night it will cost you $20. :classic_smile:

I am not sure why it is not lobster every night. Right now Maine is up to their hips in lobster because China has stopped buying. China slapped a 25% tariff on the delicious crustaceans because they want to continue the unfair trade practices that have been taking advantage of Americans for fifty years. 

Lobster is now down from almost $11/lb earlier this year to $3.50/lb.

Any cruise line could have it on the menu daily and still protect the pantry budget.  

25 minutes ago, Moviela said:

I am not sure why it is not lobster every night. Right now Maine is up to their hips in lobster because China has stopped buying. China slapped a 25% tariff on the delicious crustaceans because they want to continue the unfair trade practices that have been taking advantage of Americans for fifty years. 

Lobster is now down from almost $11/lb earlier this year to $3.50/lb.

Any cruise line could have it on the menu daily and still protect the pantry budget.  

You're funny!

On 10/22/2018 at 8:42 AM, meatloafsfan said:

Carnival is first elegant night.

Royal Caribbean and Disney - second formal night (well, on Disney it's the semi-formal night but still the second of the dress-up nights).

But on Disney, the lobster have come out dressed in a character and they get announced on table delivery.

14 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

I am actually kind of in shock you asked this......  I kept waiting for the punch line, memory is the 2nd thing to go I think...but I cannot remember.

Believe me I was embarrassed, but my mind went totally blank and for some reason I felt it was imperative to know IMMEDIATELY.

Not my first slip of the brain.

Happy sailing.