Breakfast attire

Misssmb

Is there a dress code for the dining room for breakfast? I am just curious as I’m sure we will be wearing jeans and sneakers to explore the ports and am certainly not going to change for breakfast. I’m so stressed over packing. Lol 

Re: coverups, I think it depends on the coverup.

Mine is actually a dress, short sleeved, just above the knee, royal blue cotton knit. I'd feel very comfortable wearing it to any of the ship's restaurants for breakfast or lunch. 

• Like 1

Dear msssmb;

A little forewarnings on the GDR for breakfast. We love doing the GDRfor breakfast, on sea days and on disembarkment day. Breakfast there is served in a peaceful relaxed atmosphere with wonderful service. The GDR is not a fast food restaurant at any meal. Expect breakfast to take at least an hour , typically more, from arrival to departure. Add this to the fact that while the Terrace typically opens for breakfast at 06:30, the GDR opens around 08:00.

Therefore, if one has a scheduled shore tour that begins at 09:00 or shortly thereafter, eating breakfast in the GDR is not practical on many port days. If however, one’s port days are having a leisurely breakfast, getting everything arranged, and leaving the ship by 10:00 - 10:30, the GDR is a wonderful option.

While some may tell you to just let the staff know you’re in a hurry; (a) the GDR is not a fast food restaurant and (b) there is no guarantee the staff can or will accommodate your need for speed. The ship has a options for those passengers, they’re called the Terrace, Waves, or the coffee bar.

You wii enjoy the GDR for breakfast! We always do!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Breakfast in the GDR is a real treat if time permits.  On our last 10 day cruise, we were only able to enjoy the GDR breakfast on two occasions due to the port intensive itinerary, but it was a wonderful experience, especially compared to the Terrace.  Of course, the lamb chops make it special for me, maybe not for everyone including my wife.  

1 hour ago, DrHemlock said:

Ditto the kippers.  The flavor and aroma linger most of the day.  Such a treat for those of us who rarely get to visit the UK.

Who mentioned Kippers? I was just wondering today if anyone really eats them. Not me. 

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 8:14 PM, ORV said:

Who mentioned Kippers? I was just wondering today if anyone really eats them. Not me. 

I love kippers.  Always would order Kippers and eggs for breakfast if available.