SIM CARD FOR THE USA

HCI

Will be travelling to the USA, looking for advice as to whether purchasing a sim card is  it a good Idea, do the also come with Data.

As I will need to the data for Ubers etc

I assume using our Australian mobile will be very expensive

Wondering if they can be bought at LAX airport

Many Thanks

I was doing about a 4 week trip and Verizon was the best for the areas i was going to. 

I purchased a phone and 10 gig of data for $180. Was able to stream AFL with the data. Worked perfect for me. Obviously if you don't need that amount of data it will be a lot cheaper.

It depends who your Australian phone is with how expensive it is. Im with vodafone and have a great plan for OS. When in US it was easy to get a sim for my son but unfortunately i cant remember who it was with. You will be able to get at airport, they cant wait to get you!

We went last year and used our regular vodafone plan. Cost us $5.00 per 24 hour period if we answered, made a call or used data.  It worked extremely well, much better than the 'free wifi' at various cafes. Also worked in Canada and all without fiddling with sim cards. I was much more impressed than I expected to be with the effortless performance! I also looked into sim cards, phone purchase etc, but the American phones wouldn't work in Canada. 

Regards, Steve. 

(Hope photo comes through)

I was at Chicago airport this week and saw this vending machine in the arrivals area. I can't say if the process works well, or coverage, etc but I was please to see that collecting a local SIM at the airport had become this easy.

(US$80 - 30days, unlimited talk, text and data plus 4GB high speed data?, rechargeable, US$80 - 30days, unlimited talk, text and data plus 4GB high speed data?, rechargeable)

20181023_141611.jpg