Priority Boarding

CruiserPharmD

Hi everyone! We are sailing out Jan 20th on the Horizon and I was curious about the Priority Boarding. I am platinum and my husband is sailing with me in the same cabin. I know we are both allowed priority boarding. We are traveling with another couple that does not have platinum status but their reservation is linked to ours. Can they board with us if we are arriving together?

You and your husband will have priority boarding but that does not extend to others in another cabin.  When we traveled with family members in another cabin who were not Platinum they had to board with general boarding.  We could have skipped priority boarding and boarded with them.  Chose to take advantage of our Platinum status and met up with them later on the ship. 

They could purchase Faster to the Fun and have the same perks as you.

• Thanks 1

The simple truth here is, and many will not like this but your choice. If you bring them in the priority line then they will be processed with you. If the person checking the line says anything you can just override what they say, they will just fold. I'm not saying it is the right thing to do just that the cruise line and the terminal staff will not want to start a issue or problem.

Since it is link they really do not even need to stand in line with you, you could just take the boarding information and they join you once you are called to a window. Is it right to use the boarding you have for your linked friends? That is a question only you can answer for yourself. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruiserPharmD said:

Wow, entitled much? I have earned it, thanks, and they are my traveling companions. By your logic, my husband would also not be allowed to board with me. I appreciate your reply that was less than helpful.

I'd say you are the entitled one. Platinum status permits everyone in your cabin, regardless of status, to board with you... not all of your travelling companions or everyone you know on the sailing.

• Like 1

This was my question: is it allowed. If the answer is NO, then that is the answer. I dont feel entitled, I just wanted to know the RULES. I don't want to tell them they can board with me and have them turned away, so I was asking ahead of time if it was allowed because we are linked and traveling together. It is a moot point any way, as they were able to go back in this morning and secure the earliest check in time. But thank you all for the helpful responses!

Edited by CruiserPharmD

7 hours ago, Expat Cruise said:

The simple truth here is, and many will not like this but your choice. If you bring them in the priority line then they will be processed with you. If the person checking the line says anything you can just override what they say, they will just fold. I'm not saying it is the right thing to do just that the cruise line and the terminal staff will not want to start a issue or problem.

Since it is link they really do not even need to stand in line with you, you could just take the boarding information and they join you once you are called to a window. Is it right to use the boarding you have for your linked friends? That is a question only you can answer for yourself. 

Not sure what ports you have sailed from, but the ports in Florida are strict about only allowing passengers with priority on their boarding pass into the D&P waiting area in the terminal. 

If you want to wait with the other couple, you can board with them when their zone # is called. 

They have the option to attempt to purchase FTTF, and if they are successful, that group should board directly after the wedding guests, diamonds and platinums.  If they are successful in getting FTTF,  again you can wait with them and board together.

These are Carnival's guidelines, which have been known to be massaged by terminal culture and individual employee attitudes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CruiserPharmD said:

This was my question: is it allowed. If the answer is NO, then that is the answer. I dont feel entitled, I just wanted to know the RULES. I don't want to tell them they can board with me and have them turned away, so I was asking ahead of time if it was allowed because we are linked and traveling together. It is a moot point any way, as they were able to go back in this morning and secure the earliest check in time. But thank you all for the helpful responses!

I assume you realize they still won’t be able to board with you.  As others have stated often on this board, don’t confuse check-in time with boarding time.  With an early check-in time, they should end up with a low zone number.  Once priority boarding is completed, they start boarding by zone number, so they should be on the ship not too long after you board. Of course the difference could be a little longer if there are a lot of D&Ps in the priority boarding area. 

If you want to board with them, just wait with them in the terminal and board when their zone is called. They can’t board with you, but as a Platinum you can board any time you want. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CruiserPharmD said:

OP,  I think most of us knew what you were asking. Not sure why some people think you are being entitled by asking a Yes or No question. Probably just skimmed your first post and ran their mouths (or fingers in this case) without knowing what they were replying to. Had you said something like "I'm platinum and need to find a way to have my friends board with me even if it's against the rules", then they would have a point. But you didn't and they don't. 

Edited by Rudyard
  • Like 2

Thank you to everyone who left helpful replies! Yes, I now understand they cannot board with me. They do have an 11:30 checkin time, so we will likely just board together when their zone is called. I did know my cabin will be ready when we arrive on board, they're right next door, so it will be simple enough to leave all of our carry on items in my room until theirs is ready!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, CruiserPharmD said:

Wow, entitled much? I have earned it, thanks, and they are my traveling companions. By your logic, my husband would also not be allowed to board with me. I appreciate your reply that was less than helpful.

Thanks for giving it back to this person.  I am getting a little tired of the snooty responses to people who ask questions.  Your response showed great restraint of pen and tongue against an obviously arrogant person.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, CruiserPharmD said:

Thank you to everyone who left helpful replies! Yes, I now understand they cannot board with me. They do have an 11:30 checkin time, so we will likely just board together when their zone is called. I did know my cabin will be ready when we arrive on board, they're right next door, so it will be simple enough to leave all of our carry on items in my room until theirs is ready!

You have found a great solution. And I thank you as well for giving back.  We have posters who have forgotten we are here to help each other and have fun!  

• Like 2

We have the same situation with our friends.  In May, we just waited with them, as we wanted to be sure & get our welcome aboard pics together.  We carried all luggage to our cabin since it was ready & they were next door. 

A few years ago, we went to the platinum lounge.  Our friends had FTTF with its own waiting area.  We got checked in, but waited for our friends at the welcome aboard photo station so we could get a group pic.  

• Like 1