Help with suite etiquette

Ling time lurker here, first time joiner. 

The information we find here is truly invaluable.  Thanks to all of you who take the time to share your experiences and tips with us. 

For the first time, we have found a GS that we felt was affordable, so we booked it.  Harmony in May.  We are only emerald (diamond after this cruise, yay) so we have never been exposed to any of the lounges.  

My questions for you experienced loungers-what should we not do so we are not “that” couple?   We do drink, and we’re still considering the drink package.  The SL has a cocktail hour nightly, correct?  The drinks should stay in the SL?   I’ve seen both answers.  

Coastal Kitchen.  Is it the food?   The location?   

Another dumb question.  Since you book all entertainment and dining pre cruise,  what do you ask the concierge to help with? 

On our last cruise (Adventure) we saw suites having breakfast in Giovanni’s.  Anything like that  on Harmony? Or do you just use Coastal Kitchen?   From what I’ve read here, The SL can easily be overcrowded with Pinnacle guests.  That time of year shouldn’t see as much of an overcrowding?

I’ve looked through all of the links to the Suite perks posted here (thanks for doing that) but can’t find enough personal experiences for non lounge cruises like us.  Any feedback would truly be greatly appreciated.  We want to enjoy our cruise (we always do) and make sure we enjoy our likely only suite experience.  

See, I figured I would ask something that didn’t come out as I wanted.  I’m sorry.  I read boards here and everywhere, obviously don’t have the communication skills needed. 

We just don’t want to be the topic of someone’s review after the cruise I guess. Just wanted tips on enjoying the whole experience.  

I understand what you are asking, just by asking, you aren't "that couple" because they wouldn't care what others thought.

The SL has wine, beer, soda and bottled water available from 11-11.  There is a happy hour from 4:30 - 8 or 5 - 8:30 depending on the ship.  Mixed drinks and hot appetizers are available at that time.  You will have access to Coastal Kitchen for all three meals.  Breakfast there is quick and quiet.  We asked the concierge to make our CK dinner reservations prior to our sailing.  You will get an email about a week out and we just replied to that.  We didn't ask for anything else,  Yes, you will see Pinnacles but most are very nice and the ones that aren't, didn't get that way by turning Pinnacle, they were likely always that way.  

If you are unsure of something, just talk to one of the concierges, they will help you out.

Like you we only book a GS when the prices are good and budget allows.

We had similar reservations to yourself about going into a lounge for the first time and we did meet ‘that’ couple who were so demanding it was untrue.

Enjoy the hospitality and the majority of the really nice and interesting people in there and ignore ‘that’ couple.

Congrats on booking suite, we did our first 4 years ago and doing our 7th next month,  never had issue taking drinks from suite or concierge lounges, but we do get drink package, wine is lounge is really not that good. Costal kitchen is for all your meals when there is a costal kitchen , breakfast in Chops or Giovanni's is for ships that do not have CK. Some perks are different on different ships . Concierge can normally solve any little problems you have , talk to other people in lounge and they will help explain some of the perks, like reserve seating for shows etc. Booking suites also helps with status since you get double points, we are now diamond plus because of all the double points.  

Thanks for the clarification on breakfast.  The double points was our incentive to even look at suite pricing. We’re at 70, so this double point booking will get us to diamond.  It’s weird. While on our last cruise Adventure 9/16 from Quebec City, we visited next cruise, they told us nothing available balcony, JS or GS.  Once  we got home we started checking the website and all categories were available.  So we booked through TA.  If we could have booked while onboard, we would have and been happy.  It all worked out, I realize availability changes constantly. 

11 minutes ago, Snowbird_in_training said:

I’ll admit. We’ll be nervous the first time we enter that lounge.  Figure it will give us practice for the next cruise when we’ll finally be diamond. 

The suite lounge on Harmony is located on deck 17 and has incredible views of the ship and sea.  Harmony is a wonderful ship but like her Oasis class sisters, no inside bars have great outdoor viewing angles towards the sea.  The suite lounge is the exception.  Enjoy it all you can!

Congratulations on soon making Diamond, that is a great accomplishment.  For future reference, the Diamond Lounge is a different lounge than the suite lounge.  Enjoy the suite lounge and the suite sundeck forward of the pools.  Those are both only accessible to GS and above suites and Pinnacle members.  

Coastal Kitchen and the Suite Lounge share common space.  Here is Coastal Kitchen:

59dc1066c16a2_HarmonyMorning-12.jpg.6d81   

I have photos of a deck 6 GS on Harmony from a September 2017 cruise.  I can add those if they are of interest to you.

22 minutes ago, Snowbird_in_training said:

I’ll admit. We’ll be nervous the first time we enter that lounge.  Figure it will give us practice for the next cruise when we’ll finally be diamond. 

Don't be nervous- there's no need to be.  It's just a room with people in it.

Also- the pinnacle crowding is very dependent on how many pinnacles are on board.  So if you happen to sail with few pinnacles, there will be almost none in the room.  If there are a lot, then they will be there, too.  But having been in one of the mega ship's Coastal Kitchen/Suite Lounge- it's a HUGE space.  

One other thing to remember- basic beer and wine are available from 11 am (I think that is right) and on- so you can have something to drink all day long.  And/or lunch- which is also served in CK.  

Enjoy yourself- it's a great treat.  

2 minutes ago, Snowbird_in_training said:

I would love to see pictures!!  Didn’t even think about the outside view.  We’ve been on Allure and things you don’t even think about.  

As as the other poster stated, you make Coastal Kitchen dinner reservations before boarding?   Breakfast is just a show up thing?  

Yes, breakfast is just go when you want.  You can try that at dinner too, but you might not get the time you want.  We just made reservations for each night and then cancelled if we chose to go somewhere else.

5 minutes ago, Snowbird_in_training said:

I would love to see pictures!!  Didn’t even think about the outside view.  We’ve been on Allure and things you don’t even think about.  

As as the other poster stated, you make Coastal Kitchen dinner reservations before boarding?   Breakfast is just a show up thing?  

Approximately one week before sailing the suite concierge will email you.  Simply reply and ask for any dinner CK reservations.  Breakfast and lunch in CK don't use reservations.

Here is GS 6654.

59dbe741df859_HarmonySuite-10.jpg.f4f141

Harmony Suite-9.jpg

59dbe73ea845f_HarmonySuite-3.jpg.2649fb6

Beds separated:

Harmony Suite-13.jpg

Beds together:

Harmony Suite-1.jpg

Harmony Suite-2.jpg

59dbe73fe90b7_HarmonySuite-5.jpg.bb2bc26

Edited by twangster

4 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

As long as you keep tipping the staff as you go.

You can do whatever you like......

Oh geez another question.  You tip the concierge and bar staff not at the end of the cruise but as they do things?   When we buy drink packages, we tip a dollar per drink as we go, dining room staff at the end of the cruise.  This is proper?