Shore excursions cancel / re-book at lower price

lanord

I have searched but couldn't find a definitive answer so I am asking the experts!  We missed the shore excursion sale that ended last week.  If we go ahead and book the ship excursions that we want, and the prices drop later, is there a cancellation/re-book fee?  (Our sailing is in January) The terms & conditions at the bottom of the Shore Excursions page say "Additional fees may apply to booking changes or cancellations". Does Royal actually charge for cancelling and re-booking?  There is a 5% off sale this week, but we're hoping for something better. 😉  And last week's sale was WAY better!

Thanks for your help! 🙂

There is no fee to cancel or rebook. When you cancel, you just get the cost of the booked excursion credited back to your card, though it may take a week. I cancelled and rebooked the same excursion twice a couple months back as it went on sale twice, each time with a lower price than what was booked.

Booking on the 5% sale is what we were thinking.  We are doing several excursions and though it's a pain to have to keep checking, any savings would really add up.  But it wouldn't be the first time; I do that a lot with rental cars.😉

Thanks for the confirmations!