Check-In before scheduled time

themutis

Hi

We just booked a last minute trip on Escape out of Manhattan.  The earliest arrival time during the check-in process was 12:30.  Does anyone know if we will have any issues arriving earlier (say 9:00).  We are hoping to get VIBE passes and my understanding is that is the only way we have even a chance.

I also was wondering if that "Arrival Time" of 12:30 has any connection to what boarding group we will be in.

Thanks!

Eileen

Generally they are disembarking passengers earlier than your check-in time so more than likely you wouldn't be able to get on board much earlier than the time they told you.

Edited by dtiger

Thanks - I think I didn't phrase my question correctly.  It's Arrival Time and not the time I expect to get onboard.

My limited understanding is that my boarding group gets assigned based on when I arrive at the terminal.  So I was wondering if I have a chance at getting into an early boarding group if I arrive at the terminal earlier.

4 minutes ago, themutis said:

So I was wondering if I have a chance at getting into an early boarding group if I arrive at the terminal earlier.

You can arrive earlier than what your paperwork states. Your group number will depend on how many other people do the same before you arrive.

• Like 1

You can arrive any time you want in NYC as they don't bother checking arrival time on the docs. The lines don't start moving till around 10 am to get through security so your best chance is to get there before 10 when it starts to get real busy. They usually start embarking around noon time.

One thing new I have seen on my last couple of cruises is that they have people in the port signing passengers up for different things before even getting on the boat. I was able to sign my kids up for Splash Academy right there in the terminal before embarking which was a real time saver! I had people asking me if I was interested in spa passes etc. so maybe it is possible to get your vibe passes also in the terminal. I'm not positive just throwing it out there since it seems to be something new they are doing.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

Are you leaving this Sunday (the 28th) on the Escape? If so I am on this cruise and may be able to help you out.

Aw thanks so much, that is so kind.  No, not leaving till Nov 11.

Hope you have a wonderful time!