Navigator of the Seas Nov 18, 2018 from Miami

pke-atlanta

Good to meet a fellow traveler!  I'm hoping it will be on the quiet side - or at least not completely overrun with children.  :-)

I'll be traveling with my 85yo mother.  It's been years since i traveled on the Navigator (or frankly any of the Voyager class), but this one worked for us because of the timing.

Have you been on the Navigator recently?  Just wondering what to expect - especially as she's going into dry dock soon for a refurbishment.  Hoping she's not looking too shabby.  This will be my mother's first experience on Royal Caribbean, and I'd hate for her to walk away with a negative impression when she compares it to the Celebrity and Cunard ships she's accustomed to.

No I have never been on the Navigator.  I was just on the Mariner in August, after their refurb.  I expect things to be about the same.  Should be fine, but definitely NOT Cunard 🙂

I have never been on Celebrity, I usually cruise on Norwegian, but RCI is just a bit below them as well; in my opinion.

Any day cruising is better than a day watching TV at home.

Hello everyone,  we just booked this cruise earlier this week.  I'm JR,  Randy and I will be sailing with my Mom and her friend.  It's been a few years since we've been on Navigator,  looking forward to seeing her again and meeting everyone.

JR and Randy

Edited by t_and_j
clarity

Nice to meet you, JR!  Glad to know more will be onboard.  Perhaps we can all meet up for a cocktail onboard after our mothers are in for the night. :classic_biggrin:

It's been so long since I've been on NOTS that I don't even know what their equivalent is of Celebrity's martini bar - but I'll probably hunt down whatever their version is.

Sounds like a great plan.  I'm definitely going to be on a hunt for some martinis.  And this is part of the fun of being on a ship you're not terribly familiar with,  searching for the best cocktail.

See you soon.

JR 

Hi.  Dan and Raye here.  We will be on as well.

When I searched this morning, this cruise did not come up as an option for NAV in Nov.  I assume it is sold out.  Anyone else have a similar experience ?

I am slightly concerned as I know that NAV was having some mechanical issues (stabilizer) last week.  I hope everything is fine....

Hey, there, I just did a search and can't find it either.  However, my reservation still exists and I was able to add some specialty dining to the reservation, so I assume the cruise is still scheduled.

Let's hope all is well with the ship and that we won't have any unpleasant surprises!

• 2 weeks later...

Just checking - is anyone going to the LGBTQ get togethers?  Went to the first one tonight at 10pm at both Vintages and R Bar, and didn’t see anyone that looked like a “group”.  Open for trying again tomorrow night.  If you’re onboard and checking here, please post. Thanks!