Concierge - Diamond Lounge Differences

1 hour ago, steveru621 said:

Almost all of the Radiance class ships have gone thru dry dock, with the latest being Brilliance this year.  None of them have been converted to a suite lounge.

My guess there aren't enough suites to make the change.

It may be wishful thinking, but a doubt they will be converted.  There may be a handful of cruises where D+ may be banned because of over crowding, but after 6:00PM the CL is usually not full.

D+ are banned on Vision TA right now.  

2 hours ago, twangster said:

Cuba.  Empress and Majesty were brought back for Cuba.  

Probably because passing off a dungeon like SL with no views is a hard sell.  The CL on Radiance is prime SL real estate.  They could have retained the CL and added SL on Freedom/Voyager but chose to get rid of the CL to make room for a few extra cabins.  That says they really don't care about the impact to D+.  Let them howl.  We are PITs anyways.  Vested into the program and they know it.

Exactly my point.  There is a market for the smaller ships, not just Cuba...but many European ports and of course Alaska.  There are a lot of us "oldsters" that prefer not to cruise on a mass market theme park type ship, though I like to mix it up with all sizes myself.  Still prefer Radiance class as my favorite...and bummed they are selling off the sweet little Vision class ships.  :classic_sad:

Never liked the CL on Freedom.  It was indeed dark and dreary...kind of like an airport first class lounge.  We preferred the roomy and bright DL with views up on VCL deck on that one.  But the CL on Freedom was nice to stop off for an after dinner drink and was close by for morning coffee.  Love the half circle bar seating in the CLs on Radiance class, (former cigar bar, which converted to Diamond "event" at night until they moved the CL up to that location).  Always have such a great time in there.  Nice to have the DL right across the hallway to transfer back and forth as needed.  😉  

Edited by island lady

4 minutes ago, juncos said:

In the concierge lounge people seem  to be waiting to die...

In the Diamond lounge are more alive....

Other than that all is the same..

Interesting....and which ships have you based this comparison on?  

All of the ships we have on;;

Although I must say the concierge lounge is better on the Anthem than the Diamond lounge.

The oldest of the people go to the concierge lounge,Im old but not that old..

See ya at the dancing floor or the Diamond club..

Best regards,

Manny &Lydia LI NY

2 minutes ago, juncos said:

All of the ships we have on;;

Although I must say the concierge lounge is better on the Anthem than the Diamond lounge.

The oldest of the people go to the concierge lounge,Im old but not that old..

See ya at the dancing floor or the Diamond club..

Best regards,

Manny &Lydia LI NY

I seem to see the opposite.  You can even be a first time cruiser with CL access if you are booked into a full suite.  See many families with young children in the CL.  The ship, time of the year, and itinerary plays a big part also.  

49 minutes ago, juncos said:

In the concierge lounge people seem  to be waiting to die...

In the Diamond lounge are more alive....

Other than that all is the same..

Diamond Lounge seems "more alive" as there are many more people.  On our cruise in Sept to Canada, we were told 1/3 of the passengers were Diamond.  The lounge was always spilling out into the Viking Lounge.  Miserable.

2 minutes ago, mitz18 said:

Diamond Lounge seems "more alive" as there are many more people.  On our cruise in Sept to Canada, we were told 1/3 of the passengers were Diamond.  The lounge was always spilling out into the Viking Lounge.  Miserable.

Agree...and is one of the reasons we many times tend to stick to the CL.  Our last Brilliance cruise, the DL was impossible to get service, even going up to stand in line at the bar during the overflow into the VCL.  It was nuts!!  

25 minutes ago, island lady said:

I seem to see the opposite.  You can even be a first time cruiser with CL access if you are booked into a full suite.  See many families with young children in the CL.  The ship, time of the year, and itinerary plays a big part also.  

You must be one the old people.....

30 minutes ago, island lady said:

Agreed.  DL has a certain crowd that park themselves for hours in chairs and don't move until the last possible moment to make their dinner time.  CL has suite guests that range in age but are often younger.  

14 minutes ago, twangster said:

Agreed.  DL has a certain crowd that park themselves for hours in chairs and don't move until the last possible moment to make their dinner time.  CL has suite guests that range in age but are often younger.  

I see that in the CL as well, especially the bar stools. Sometimes the "Stage"

10 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Oh absolutely, but mixed in with suite guests who don't tend to make it their second home each evening so there is some turn over.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, island lady said:

Yeap, I had CL access on my first cruise.  We had two cabins booked, then about 30 day ahead, a big sale and a Royal Family Suite, and we were IN. 😄

And in August, on Grandeur, a number of not so old people and yes, some families with kids in the CL.

1 hour ago, Nessa1dc said:

Question:  If your Diamond Plus you can go to either the Concierge or the

Diamond Lounge, correct?

Yes, but not the SL (Suites Lounge that are present on some bigger ships) unless you are in a Grand Suite or above.....or Pinnacle.  

On 10/23/2018 at 3:02 PM, John&LaLa said:

Guilty.  I usually get there around six when everyone has left for dinner.  After 7 you can sit anywhere.

The bar in the club is one of the most enjoyable parts of a cruise on radiance class ships.  Met lots of wonderful fellow cruisers.

Let's face reality.  It's now all about the suites for RCCL.  They have come to the interesting conclusion that what a person spends on one cruise for an expensive cabin is more important to their bottom line than what loyalists have spent over their cruise history and will spend in the future.  Is it smart?  I doubt it.  I would rather have a recurring stream of income that I could depend on rather than an unpredictable one that is affected by many economic factors!