Things To Do At Port In Roatan

ajtraveler66

Trying to make plans for our W. Caribbean cruise.  On this webpage, we are specifically asking what cruisers can do in Roatan, Honduras without venturing out too far from the boat.  Your input is appreciated.  [If a port offers nothing nearby, then we will be sure to do an excursion in those places].

Also...even though this is the site for Honduras posts, I will ask the same question for Costa Maya, Cozumel, and Harvest Caye Belize.  Responses would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I did an excursion to Little French Key while docking with NCL. I didn't care for the port area, didn't seem like there was much around. It's not a "pretty" port.

For Cozumel, there is lots of shopping nearby that extends to downtown area. We felt safe walking about after our beach time there.

Harvest Caye is a NCL private island so there is no where to go really except the pool and beach areas. They have a small shopping area as well.

Costa Maya: We did the water park so didn't really explore much. But I think there are beaches you can take a trolly to. Check out the Port of Call forums, much info there!

NCL docks near Coxen Hole which isn't really a developed port area like Mahogany Bay where the Carnival Corp ships dock.  You are however not as far from the West End and it shouldn't be difficult to get there if you don't want to book a tour.  West End is main tourist area though and can be crowded if lots of ships in port