Venice embarkation when overnight

Lynnewob

Have asked this question in the midst of another thread, but thought i would enquire on a thread of its own.

Looking to embark Pursuit on 10 June 2019. The ship is in port on 11 June until 10pm.

1. Can we embark/fully check in if we arrive at the ship after midnight on 10 June?

2. Can we embark/fully check in if we arrive at the ship at around 1pm on 11 June?

I do not know if check in staff are available at all times of the day, or only on 10 June, say between 1130 and 1700 perhaps.

I am happy to miss a night on board if we do number 2 as we have been to Venice many times but CAN we check in?

I look forward to hearing from anyone who can assist.

Guessing to the answer but I say no. I think  you have to get on the first day at some point. There will be no check in staff in tent  afterva certain time. But you can check in at front desk. You have your agent arrange it. Not sure how you will get suitcases up the gangway or to cabin. The people who get it from deck 3 have long gone to bed. Abd thst would be closed off at night.

4 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

I think you need to ask Azamara. As you are in the UK you will get the response if you write to Richard Twynam, UK MD. Here’s his email address RTwynam@azamaraclubcruises.com

I think you will find Richard is currently on a well earned two weeks vacation, but no doubt someone will be monitoring his emails.

6 hours ago, Lynnewob said:

Have asked this question in the midst of another thread, but thought i would enquire on a thread of its own.

Looking to embark Pursuit on 10 June 2019. The ship is in port on 11 June until 10pm.

1. Can we embark/fully check in if we arrive at the ship after midnight on 10 June?

2. Can we embark/fully check in if we arrive at the ship at around 1pm on 11 June?

I do not know if check in staff are available at all times of the day, or only on 10 June, say between 1130 and 1700 perhaps.

I am happy to miss a night on board if we do number 2 as we have been to Venice many times but CAN we check in?

I look forward to hearing from anyone who can assist.

You should be fine to check in late in the evening.  They don’t lock the ship up.  As long as it’s there, there will be people coming and going all night.  I would definitely recommend letting the ship know your expected arrival time beforehand just as extra comfort.  You'll most probably do check in at Guest Relations onboard and need to do a make up drill at some point.

Phil

We did a cruise out of Venice last year.  We thought that we might be arriving late although not at midnight.  We verified that we could check in at any time although we actually arrived earlier than expected so I can not verify from experience that it actually works.

I would keep a copy of any correspondence w Azamara that you have on this with you just in case.

DON