Early Arrival In Ft. Lauderdale

pcovertnj

Our group of 6 has a very early arrival for our Celebrity Infinity December 8, 2018 cruise.  Our flight arrives around 8:50 AM.  We are looking at going to breakfast somewhere before going to the port.  Any suggestions?  I've done a little research on TA and Joe's Café, enroute to PE on SE 17th street, got some great reviews.  Any thoughts on transportation?  Private company that will hold our luggage while we stop for breakfast?   Or should we just hang around the airport and then just go to the port?

Having your local ground transport take of your luggage seems costly/cumbersome.

If your flight is due at 8:50, it is likely to be at least 9:30 by the time you collect your bags. While not trendy, there are places at FLL airport to get breakfast, then taxi to cruise terminal, getting there close to 11:00.

For an 8:50 arrival--hardly "very early" as red-eye flights arrive as early as 5:40--by the time you claim your luggage (on a busy Saturday morning it can take quite a while for bags to appear especially for Southwest at Terminal 1) and get a taxi the porters at Port Everglades will already be accepting bags for embarking passengers. Have the taxi wait while you drop them off and then take you to breakfast. And be prepared for a good wait at any popular breakfast site on a Saturday as well.

19 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

Having your local ground transport take of your luggage seems costly/cumbersome.

If your flight is due at 8:50, it is likely to be at least 9:30 by the time you collect your bags. While not trendy, there are places at FLL airport to get breakfast, then taxi to cruise terminal, getting there close to 11:00.

I agree with you. 

Totally agree 100 percent with everyone else.  You may start your check-in about 9:30am...and boarding will begin approximately 11am.....with tons of food waiting for you.  Why waste time and money trying to find a breakfast place?  I am assuming you are on a 6am flight out of Newark?   Why not grab a cup of coffee and bagel at the airport to hold you over...it is only a 3 hour flight.  

On 10/24/2018 at 9:42 AM, packer99 said:

Flying in from New Jersey in December on the same day? I would be more worried about just getting there than breakfast.

I agree Packer, any time of year but ESPECIALLY in Winter we fly into FL the day or two prior to cruising. One never knows when there will be a mechanical or weather delay. Much better to be in town and relax without worries about missing the Ship. If the OP can change their flight to the day prior at all ( Southwest has no change fees) I would highly recommend it

On 10/23/2018 at 9:53 AM, pcovertnj said:

Our group of 6 has a very early arrival for our Celebrity Infinity December 8, 2018 cruise.  Our flight arrives around 8:50 AM.  We are looking at going to breakfast somewhere before going to the port.  Any suggestions?  I've done a little research on TA and Joe's Café, enroute to PE on SE 17th street, got some great reviews.  Any thoughts on transportation?  Private company that will hold our luggage while we stop for breakfast?   Or should we just hang around the airport and then just go to the port?

I usually leave the hotel around 9:30 to head to the ship. By the time you get your luggage you can just go straight to the ship. If you want to go grab breakfast then take your luggage and drop it off with the porters, and then grab a cab or Uber to breakfast. Personally I would just grab breakfast in the airport and then head straight to the ship.