Golden Princess on her way to Melbourne 24/10/18

VK3DQ

8 hours ago, kathk13 said:

Have fun John. We are boarding in December so would love to hear how she's looking after your trip.

Hi Folks

I have some internet so I will try to do a little blog and perhaps some photos

Regards John

• Like 1

1 hour ago, possum52 said:

Enjoy your cruise John. We board as you disembark. Our second cruise on her this year. 

Leigh

Hi Leigh

We will look after her well for you.. this will be our third trip in her

Regards  John

• Like 1

Station Pier Melbourne

Image result for station pier port melbourne

But Who remembers this???

Name those ship please ???

I'll make it easy

Four migrant ships, Oronsay, Australis, Galileo Galilei and Fair Star berthed at Station

Regards

John

Edited by VK3DQ
  • Like 2

Whats UP  after cruising from Sydney over the last 3 days at approx 10 knots Golden Princess has increased her speed to very nearly 22 knots if she keeps this up she will be very early at Port Phillip heads

Regards

John

1 hour ago, VK3DQ said:

Whats UP  after cruising from Sydney over the last 3 days at approx 10 knots Golden Princess has increased her speed to very nearly 22 knots if she keeps this up she will be very early at Port Phillip heads

Regards

John

Well that was strange she has dropped back to 10 knots again .. maybe this was to get clear of the two way system around Wilsons prom .. she increased speed for about 3/4 of an hour ...very strange

Regards

John

Oh I love that last photo John, my father travelled here on the Oronsay in the early 60s.  He disembarked in Sydney though.

I can see the ships berthed at Station Pier on my daily walk and it'll be lovely to catch the Golden again, she's my favourite ship and I was on her for her maiden voyage to Melbourne when we were welcomed with a giant golden banner being held up by helicopters.  Sad I won't get to sail on her again before she leaves Princess.

29 minutes ago, clairebearinaus said:

Oh I love that last photo John, my father travelled here on the Oronsay in the early 60s.  He disembarked in Sydney though.

I can see the ships berthed at Station Pier on my daily walk and it'll be lovely to catch the Golden again, she's my favourite ship and I was on her for her maiden voyage to Melbourne when we were welcomed with a giant golden banner being held up by helicopters.  Sad I won't get to sail on her again before she leaves Princess.

I remember when you were on that cruise!

I agree, a great photo, with my Fairstar i there as well. Melbourne has certainly changed!

Looks like P&O will make many changes to the Golden, the Santuary and the forward pool and spas will only be for those in certain Mini's and Suites, sad, I loved that pool.

11 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Enjoy, she is a nice ship and will become the Pacific Adventure in 2020.

oh i hope i can save enough to get back on her before that happens or maybe i will have to try her out as a p&o ship shes a lovely ship i have only done one cruise but i liked her so much i do want to do another trip on her 

2 hours ago, clairebearinaus said:

Oronsay leaving station pier  a classic this one

Image result for station pier melbourne

Fashions on Station Pier   CIRCA  1962

Models Vida Elekna, Lynn Richmond, Terry Taylor and Gay Vardi, Station Pier, Melbourne) 1962; 

Image result for station pier melbourne

Edited by VK3DQ