Turning Platinum while on cruise question.

Kosi

On 10/23/2018 at 3:49 PM, Kosi said:

Will I receive any perks for the Platinum level while on this cruise where I turn Platinum? Thanks. 

You don't accumulate any points until completion of the cruise, so technically you don't turn platinum until after the cruise is over. This means you only get Gold perks on this cruise.

I'm in the same boat (excuse the pun) after the next cruise I will be just 1 point away, I wish I could get a point somewhere, buy something on board my next cruise, fill out a survey anything to get the point but alas I can't it's not possible.

The only this that was suggested to me was to book a short low cost cruise before my 10 day caribbean, that way I will be move up before the cruise. Maybe you could do the same if it's not many points you need?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

I'm in the same boat (excuse the pun) after the next cruise I will be just 1 point away, I wish I could get a point somewhere, buy something on board my next cruise, fill out a survey anything to get the point but alas I can't it's not possible.

The only this that was suggested to me was to book a short low cost cruise before my 10 day caribbean, that way I will be move up before the cruise. Maybe you could do the same if it's not many points you need?

Depending on when you booked, you may get it anyway.  If you booked prior to the change in levels and this cruise would have put  you over the old threshold, I have seen reports of getting the new level under the old level chart.  It just depends on the time when you booked and if it was before or after the change.