Good group photo location

18 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Formal nights the photographer usually is set up on that staircase and has it blocked off anyway.

Then the OP wouldn’t be able to use it. Photogs don’t let you horn in on your territory, and in my experience, won’t take pictures of that large a group (for free). 

3 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Then the OP wouldn’t be able to use it. Photogs don’t let you horn in on your territory, and in my experience, won’t take pictures of that large a group (for free). 

They took a picture there in March of a group that was 25+ people. Then each family group ended up getting pictures taken.  Took forever.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

26 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I've never heard of a charge on group photos... so strange. They're allowed to refuse?

8 minutes ago, auntie.emily94 said:

I've never heard of a charge on group photos... so strange. They're allowed to refuse?

Yes. We were yelled at on the Explorer, and they tried to charge us a “large group sitting fee”. 

I went all “MerionMom” on their butts and they backed down, but they were NOT happy. 

10 minutes ago, auntie.emily94 said:

If the ship photographers take and you buy the picture it will be a charge. Whilst the ships photographers take a picture someone else within group could try and snag one I guess but for a group that large it would be worth the cost in ship photographers taking it and buying the picture. 

RCCL Usually charges a $75.00 "sitting" fee, even if you stand. It is the cost of having the photographer take time out of their schedule to take a picture(s) of your group specifically. 

We are a travel agency that brings groups on cruise vacations and we used to always get a group picture taken and then people would purchase the copies on their own (before they started charging $75.00). Now we don't even bother with it. The on-board Photo Gallery manager still contacts me via my in-room cabin phone to remind me to book a "Group" Photo, however when I tell them I would love to but will not pay the $75.00 they say sorry we have to pay it. I just tell them, thanks, but no thanks. I refuse to pay someone to do their job to take the picture(s) when I will be purchasing the picture(s) in the end anyways.

We havn't had a group photo taken for several years.

Very sad, as we always bought 15 - 20+ photos (depending on the size of the group) @ $19.95/each.

Oh well, their loss not mine.