suggestions where to go if walk off ship at Ocho Rios

Shocker

When you come out of the ship you will be inside a secure area with lots of booths with things to buy.  No one will bother you inside the port area.   You may go outside the port area (make sure you have your ship card,  you will NOT get back inside without it)  Outside the area you will have more shops, places to eat that you can walk to.  You will also see lots of cabs etc that may or may not bother you trying to get your business.  Depends on the police presence.  The police waved them away from me so no one bothered me.  I went in and out of a few of the shops and then went back into the port area.   Remember that crime is high in Jamacia so be very aware of your surroundings.  Stay close to the port and you should be fine.   Or go on an excursion  :)  The float trip was fun :)  It takes around 30 minutes to get there,  you will get to see what the area looks like.  

On 10/24/2018 at 9:55 AM, Shocker said:

We don't want to go on any tours, just walk around by the port in Ocho Rios. Does anyone have suggestions or know what is within walking distance of the port at Ocho Rios.

Thank you for the help.

I have done it but be advised it is sketchy. I have walked to the Taj Mahal mall and the market. A bunch of taxi drivers will stop and bother you. Also you will be bothered by people trying to sell you drugs. 

• 1 month later...

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/3229566721

I was there last week on Ocho Rios.

I walk to Little Dunn's River Beach, Dunn's River Falls Park, Dolphin Cove and Rainforest Adventure. All are all walk-able on the side walk.. The emissions from vehicles carbon monoxide is something else.

All free. Just walk and walk.