cabins near elevators

bludevil

I'm looking at cabin 9059 on the Mariana and it is right near the elevators.

Can someone please tell me if there is a wall between the elevators and the cabin doors or are the cabin doors right in the elevator area?

I have been in a cabin before where the door opened right into the elevator area and all we heard all night was the ding from the elevator and people saying goodnight and talking about their plans for the next day.

I like the location, but am concerned about this.

here is  a photo of the stair well the  elevators on the other side  of photo

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/riviera-607/hallways-stairways-and-more-311078/hallways-stairways-and-more--v14123194/

cabin located in the hallway

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/riviera-607/hallways-stairways-and-more-311078/hallways-stairways-and-more--v14124893/

If you are right across from the opening you may hear people getting off/on the elevators 

We were in 8048 on Marina and it was near the stairs.  There was no noise at all.  It was very convenient and we would book again, but personally I would avoid being right at the elevator bank. People do tend to talk while waiting,  or saying goodbye to friends when getting off the elevator.  9059 is borderline.

14 hours ago, bludevil said:

I'm looking at cabin 9059 on the Mariana and it is right near the elevators.

Can someone please tell me if there is a wall between the elevators and the cabin doors or are the cabin doors right in the elevator area?

I have been in a cabin before where the door opened right into the elevator area and all we heard all night was the ding from the elevator and people saying goodnight and talking about their plans for the next day.

I like the location, but am concerned about this.

Did you check the deckplans?

IMO it is very clearly illustrated that the Elevators open into a lobby, not into the cabin hallway.

On our very first Oceania cruise, the Riviera, we had a GTY Penthouse and ended up with the one right as you walk out of the elevator and stairwell space. I thought it would be an issue but we never heard anything so I would book again. Enjoy your cruise. Julia

• 2 weeks later...