New Club Orange

Crew News

23 hours ago, Crew News said:

It appears to me that Club Orange will be implemented during the drydock week just prior to my cruise.  I will do my best to discover all of the details and report back to CC.  As a solo traveler, $100 a day for a better breakfast and dinner menu is not appealing.

I will inquire about the tendering but will not see it in action until our last cruise day in HMC.

If it costs a extra  $100 per daqy cit is not worth the upgrade imo .however ,if it is $100 cost for the entire cruise we would buy it :classic_biggrin:

If people want to pay Carnival Corp a direct profit to their bottom line  they have the right to do so ,just won't be us at $100 per day :classic_rolleyes:

5 hours ago, cruisepoor said:

I think the  point is being missed about Club Orange (couldn't they think of a more sophisticated name?) 

They really missed out on reusing the word Pinnacle here. Kind of a shame. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, POA1 said:

They really missed out on reusing the word Pinnacle here. Kind of a shame. 

I guess they wanted to use the "national colour" of the Netherlands, but I suppose they could have said "Orange Pinnacle":classic_biggrin:

Just had a sudden thought - I wonder if they would give us our 5* discount on Club Orange?  I might have to email our PCC.

Edited by Vict0riann

I don't really care to spend an extra $100/day. We really don't care if we board 10 minutes after the doors open or 10 minutes before shoving off, could careless about being #1 in the tendering line, special menu-blah, and using all the other stuff being offered really will not affect our cruise because we're on VACATION to relax . Just don't see how this will help us relax and drink beer and Bloody Marys. That's my opinion.

$50 A DAY PER PERSON--FOR THAT?  You've got to be joking.

I might pay $5/day........might.

Believe me, I will be laughing inside at anyone I see with an orange tote bag because I'll know that they are a spendthrift.

Most of these "perks" are nothing but an excuse to not manage your time well.

No bathrobe, no single glass of wine at dinner, and no cheap tote bag is worth $50/day--anywhere.

7 hours ago, welovetocruise1234 said:

I would not be willing to pay $50 per day x 2.  I am only a 3 star and was considering staying loyal to HAL and working my way to 4/5 star but if this program continues, then there is no incentive for me to do so.

I am going to start taking a much closer look at Celebrity and Princess for my summer Europe trip.

I totally agree. Just discussed this with DH and we both agreed that there is really no reason to stay loyal to HAL if the perks that you work hard to get by cruising can be purchased. Plus some people will walk around flashing their “orange” cards with an air of superiority. Sad to see HAL bringing obvious classes to the cruiseline. We sail a 21 day in January, but will most likely look around for other lines after that. Very, very sad. Don’t know who keeps making these horrible decisions. Hope Seattle reads these threads and reconsiders doing this fleet wide

Wow.  I thought Club Orange referred to some sort of kids club so I had been ignoring this thread until I read about it over on our roll call.  I didn’t receive an email offer so I hadn’t heard of it.

Having been on the Koningsdam I know the venue they will be using.  It’s a bit of a fishbowl and looks more like a cafeteria than a dining room so it’s not inviting to me in the least.  Perhaps they will change it in the dry dock but if it looks anything like the picture in that link to the Nieuw Statendam then it looks like it will be uncomfortable.

$50 per day per person!!!  😮  This boggles my mind.

ROFLMAO!   I cannot help but wonder when Carnival will be the quality cruise line and HAL will be the budget product with old ships.  Somebody is bound to confuse "Club Orange" with "Code Orange."

Hank

49 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

ROFLMAO!   I cannot help but wonder when Carnival will be the quality cruise line and HAL will be the budget product with old ships.  Somebody is bound to confuse "Club Orange" with "Code Orange."

Hank

I confused it with Club HAL!

9 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

You folks do realize that: "The Dutch Royal house is called Oranje-Nassau. This name and association dates back at least to William the Silent (William of Orange) who founded the house in 1544. The color is taken both from the name and from his coat of arms."

Yes, we know this. Which is why everyone is requested to wear something orange on the King's birthday, while on board. Long a festive association. 

6 minutes ago, OlsSalt said:

Yes, we know this. Which is why everyone is requested to wear something orange on the King's birthday, while on board. Long a festive association. 

I don't understand the criticism.  Club Orange is a reasonable name that honors the Holland tradition.

And, a suites dining area is something missing from Holland that it's competitors (Celebrity and RCCI) provide.  

We are not fans of the MDR. Perhaps we will enjoy Club Orange.

Edited by RocketMan275

41 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

I don't understand the criticism.  Club Orange is a reasonable name that honors the Holland tradition.

And, a suites dining area is something missing from Holland that it's competitors (Celebrity and RCCI) provide.  

We are not fans of the MDR. Perhaps we will enjoy Club Orange.

Why is a Suites-Only dissing area missing from Holland America? Why does HAL need to follow the other cruise lines in making more and more exclusive areas?

Edited by ellieanne

31 minutes ago, alwaysfrantic said:

This cursive font is awful.  Impossible to read. 

Sorry to post off topic, but....

On my PC I don't see 57redbird's post in a cursive font. So strange. Looks like normal Comic Sans.

Edited by OVgirl