Live Blog – Silhouette Nov 3 – Beaches to Broadway – Pull up a seat and Join

Jim_Iain

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Really not sure of the % mixture but when we had Immigration in Boston they called for all US Passports at around number 8 or 9 while I understand the numbers ran up to about 30.   Maybe it was the U.S. Passports were not scrutinized as much.   

I guess you missed the first evening in the threatre. Sue Denning called out a few countries and you could tell from the noise  there were more than 30 from the US. 😂

2 hours ago, UKPete71 said:

I guess you missed the first evening in the threatre. Sue Denning called out a few countries and you could tell from the noise  there were more than 30 from the US. 😂

You are correct.   We don't usually go to the shows and didn't see any on this cruise.  Iain is a smoker and said if his smoking buddies are representative there are a huge percentage British (which he happens to be by birth).   My observation was from the suites perspective in Luminea and Michael's club - our assistant waiter was kidding saying he was taking on a British accent. 

I'll see if I can find out more tonight. 

7 hours ago, abcdeflilly said:

Can I ask your opinion?  We are on this cruise in 2019 and arrival in Fort Lauderdale is at 5am. Do you think we will leave the ship earlier than you are?

Have followed your cruise every day and enjoyed your posts.  Thank you.

Ill check but have a suspicion that if clearance of immagration is required it will not begin clearance before 7:00. 

Does anyone have experience with a 5:00 am arrival. 

Edited by Jim_Iain

9 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

It appears they have new loungers as they are suppose n like new condition.  

It’s not before time, the state of those on deck 14 in the summer didn’t do anything for Celebrity’s image.

BTW the end of cruise survey is now on line.

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Another update from lunch today.    Franco the Maître de from Luminea will be leaving on vacation tomorrow and will be back the middle of January.   He will be replaced by Nickolas who is currently Blu MD.   

Does Nickolas then go on vacation?

We board the end of January and are hoping to have Ben as Maitre D' in Blu as we have had the last couple of years on the Eclipse.

8 minutes ago, chamima said:

Does Nickolas then go on vacation?

We board the end of January and are hoping to have Ben as Maitre D' in Blu as we have had the last couple of years on the Eclipse.

Checked with Franco and he said really didn't know.    He is suppose to come back at the middle of January but said he won't know for sure for about a month.   He also indicated he didn't even know if he would be coming back to Silhouette or if he would be Maître de of Luminea.    It seems that their staffing and positions are currently quite fluid.   

I'm sure that doesn't make the staff real comfortable.   

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Checked with Franco and he said really didn't know.    He is suppose to come back at the middle of January but said he won't know for sure for about a month.   He also indicated he didn't even know if he would be coming back to Silhouette or if he would be Maître de of Luminea.    It seems that their staffing and positions are currently quite fluid.   

I'm sure that doesn't make the staff real comfortable.   

I'm sure it doesn't! 😳😦

Thanks for checking so quickly.

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 2:43 PM, Jim_Iain said:

That is correct that they could not serve anything besides Wine, Beer and Cider while in New York.   The indications I got was that they did receive license but it was limited to those items.  To me it sounds like someone screwed up.

I have not read this whole thread yet, but wanted to make an input.  We were on that cruise last year on the Eclipse.  That liquor license scenario happened then, too.  However, Celebrity reimbursed us a full days credit for two people on the drink package.  Showed up a few days later on the TV "cabin charges/credits log".  And we did drink wine and beer while there, so we drank for free while in NY.  I don't think anyone screwed up--that's just how it is; but maybe a heads up could have been made sooner. 🤔

10 hours ago, cluso said:

I have not read this whole thread yet, but wanted to make an input.  We were on that cruise last year on the Eclipse.  That liquor license scenario happened then, too.  However, Celebrity reimbursed us a full days credit for two people on the drink package.  Showed up a few days later on the TV "cabin charges/credits log".  And we did drink wine and beer while there, so we drank for free while in NY.  I don't think anyone screwed up--that's just how it is; but maybe a heads up could have been made sooner. 🤔

Thanks for the information.   I have not heard of anyone who said they received a credit.   For us it really doesn't matter since we have a free drink package.   I guess one day of free would be zero.  

Sunday - 11/18

Arrived Port Everglades at 6:00 this morning and currently sitting docked.   As others have noted we are Docked at the old terminal 26.   it is looking to be a nice day with puffy clouds and comfortable temperatures.

We also were quick getting off.  We have both Mobile Pasport and GLobal Entry. Even though they have a sign for Mobile Passport the said they didn’t have the equipment so just go through.   We got our Global Entry cards out only to be told they don’t need to see it.  

The customs agent gent just had you flash passport and keep walking. 

We we grabbed a Cab to FLL which ran $20.00.  As a comparison the Shuttle was charging 11.00 pp.  not sure what Celebrity charges. 

I found out out you can check in 4 hours before flight, at least on United. A89DD3AC-A922-4D52-972E-38CA35629C53.thumb.jpeg.0fe7164ac946e6fd6837e67f4dfb261b.jpeg

B6D0127D-A306-4F0A-9765-2BD8BF6D9361.thumb.jpeg.19de40b8d4acb77331542de79f94ddb2.jpeg

Without a doubt, one of the best live blogs ever! Thank you very much for taking us along.

I know that you are a shipboard walker, and I fear that you might have had a few days on this passage that weren't the best for safe walking. I retreat to the corridors and stairs when it's not good up top...did you do the same?

Welcome to Florida, and continued safe travels to you both!

😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I found out out you can check in 4 hours before flight, at least on United. 

A couple of years ago I called Delta (our preferred airline) about the rumor I had heard about only being able to check in 2 hours ahead of our flight.

The representative I reached had never heard of that , but just to be thorough, she contacted her supervisor and her supervisor contacted someone else. Consensus among the 3 of them was that NO ONE was aware of Delta ever having had such a policy.

I think it's an urban myth that gets passed around on here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We also were quick getting off.  We have both Mobile Pasport and GLobal Entry. Even though they have a sign for Mobile Passport the said they didn’t have the equipment so just go through.   We got our Global Entry cards out only to be told they don’t need to see it.  

The customs agent gent just had you flash passport and keep walking. 

We we grabbed a Cab to FLL which ran $20.00.  As a comparison the Shuttle was charging 11.00 pp.  not sure what Celebrity charges. 

I found out out you can check in 4 hours before flight, at least on United. A89DD3AC-A922-4D52-972E-38CA35629C53.thumb.jpeg.0fe7164ac946e6fd6837e67f4dfb261b.jpeg

B6D0127D-A306-4F0A-9765-2BD8BF6D9361.thumb.jpeg.19de40b8d4acb77331542de79f94ddb2.jpeg