Live Blog – Silhouette Nov 3 – Beaches to Broadway – Pull up a seat and Join

Jim_Iain

9 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I did the same yesterday.   I was only able to make one lap and gave up because the wind was so strong.    I ended up overdoing it on the elliptical for 2 hours.   My calves feel like cows this morning.   

Jim, there have been a few ta itineraries messed up. I have friends on Azamara Pursuit at the moment who should have gone leisurely to Gibraltar from Barcelona and then Madeira, but have steamed straight to Tenerife instead, burning a load of extra fuel. Both Navigator of the Seas and Jewel of the Seas have had to go down that way too instead of Lisbon, the Azores and up to Boston.  If anything you got a little ahead of it, but it probably doesn't feel like that!

Phil 

• Like 1

Current Position -  Queen Mary is ahead of us and Edge behind (not on map).   We are still traveling at 19 Knots.  

1050305589_CurrentPosition2018-11-09.jpg.0e85232f14652b9be2a46016e8ba90e7.jpg

Weather for Sunday -  Boston is going to be chilly

951880757_Weather3.jpg.36a807aac439bc20fdd965fdc7a798af.jpg

Edited by Jim_Iain

18 hours ago, kenevenpar said:

When Summit had Normandie, the guest invoice would say "Normandy" :classic_tongue:

I was on the Summit Oct 7 Sailing, I go to Sushi on 5 several times, the charges on my final invoice says "Bistro on 5", also I noted in the corridor between the Grand Foyer and the restaurant a plate announcing you are entering Bistro on 5.

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Current Position -  Queen Mary is ahead of us and Edge behind (not on map).   We are still traveling at 19 Knots.  

1050305589_CurrentPosition2018-11-09.jpg.0e85232f14652b9be2a46016e8ba90e7.jpg

I have friends aboard the Queen Mary.  They left Southampton the day after we did, which meant that big storm system was closer to the UK than it was when we sailed. They are on a 7-day, no port crossing to NY.  They had a little give in their schedule, so they dropped south a bit to avoid some of the storm, but never sailed as far south as we did and I think went through worse weather. My friends said a couple of days ago that it was so windy they were afraid to be out on their balcony. We did not not experience that, thankfully.

It surprises me how long you are taking to get to Boston. We did a TA on Azamara Quest in Sept 2016 and only had 3.5 days between Cork and St John’s Newfoundland. We also sailed south towards the Azores to avoid Tropical Storm Ian.

Edited by upwarduk

3 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Jim, there have been a few ta itineraries messed up. I have friends on Azamara Pursuit at the moment who should have gone leisurely to Gibraltar from Barcelona and then Madeira, but have steamed straight to Tenerife instead, burning a load of extra fuel. Both Navigator of the Seas and Jewel of the Seas have had to go down that way too instead of Lisbon, the Azores and up to Boston.  If anything you got a little ahead of it, but it probably doesn't feel like that!

Phil 

Phil -   Looking at the sea forecast I think all of the ships have been working their way around the turbulent Atlantic.   While we have been in moderate seas Captain George has done a great job of finding us the smoothest route possible.   Today is partially sunny with smoother seas.   I believe the projection this morning was for 2-3 Meter Seas and getting smoother later today.   Temps are a little cooler at 67 F today and the winds have decreased to 15 knots.   

I was able to get my walking in today and just completed my morning 15,000 steps.   Just need another 5,000 this afternoon which seems achievable.    Yea.. Desert is on for this evening. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, gordylad said:

ask Iain if he know cumnock.

Iain just reminded me that I've also been to Cumnock.   During your beautiful weather in July we visited his sister to celebrate his Aunt Isa's 90th birthday.    They booked  Dumfries House for the celebration.  Was truly an evening to remember

837141800_DumfriesHouse.thumb.jpg.4fc9ca35967d2e1344b478d6d70736e2.jpg

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

I have friends aboard the Queen Mary.  They left Southampton the day after we did, which meant that big storm system was closer to the UK than it was when we sailed. They are on a 7-day, no port crossing to NY.  They had a little give in their schedule, so they dropped south a bit to avoid some of the storm, but never sailed as far south as we did and I think went through worse weather. My friends said a couple of days ago that it was so windy they were afraid to be out on their balcony. We did not not experience that, thankfully.

With her deep draft and higher speeds explains why she is now in front of us.   At least the weather is getting nicer at least for today.   Hope it remains calm.   

3 hours ago, gerelmx said:

I was on the Summit Oct 7 Sailing, I go to Sushi on 5 several times, the charges on my final invoice says "Bistro on 5", also I noted in the corridor between the Grand Foyer and the restaurant a plate announcing you are entering Bistro on 5.

I saw the plate, and asked a Jr. Officer where I could find it.  I had the poor lad totally confused.  I have a weird sense of humor.

• Haha 1

On 11/8/2018 at 7:15 AM, Jim_Iain said:

Same spelling but the one we noticed about that same time was on the Tent they put up.  

This is the tent/canopy that caught your attention, and mine 🙂   

(Photo taken on TransPacific Millennium, at the "lovely" port of Petropavlovsk)

Misspelled Millennium.JPG

• Haha 1

We just finished having lunch on the Porch.   Dressed for the cold but our table was not in the wind.   Change in menu from the Reflection, they no longer serve a burger but they had a wrap sandwich and a chicken dish for non seafood diners. Charge was $30 and included all dishes on the menu.   Lobster was no additional charge and available on seafood tower, in lobster roll and in lobster bisque.   A family cam in after us dressed in shorts and tee shirts.   We are still in the North Atlantic on the way to Boston, air temperature 64 degrees and dropping.    The father figure went in search of blankets shortly after and had them turn on the overhead heaters.    Hope they ended up having a nice lunch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gordylad said:

Yes Jim its a smashing place and nice to have the grounds/park so handy....think someone asked already but if you can please share anything about the refits that are coming up

Cheers

Hope to find out more tonight. 

1 hour ago, Covepointcruiser said:

We just finished having lunch on the Porch.   Dressed for the cold but our table was not in the wind.   Change in menu from the Reflection, they no longer serve a burger but they had a wrap sandwich and a chicken dish for non seafood diners. Charge was $30 and included all dishes on the menu.   Lobster was no additional charge and available on seafood tower, in lobster roll and in lobster bisque.   A family cam in after us dressed in shorts and tee shirts.   We are still in the North Atlantic on the way to Boston, air temperature 64 degrees and dropping.    The father figure went in search of blankets shortly after and had them turn on the overhead heaters.    Hope they ended up having a nice lunch.

I shot a picture of the porch and menu a couple days ago but hadn’t posted yet.  I put on a sweatshirt for my walking today.  It is suppose to get really chilly for the next couple days. 

EEB1144E-E830-48B6-98A5-A589BF94EE55.thumb.jpeg.21aab6c7347ddf27f45fca187da5b0cd.jpeg

80E8D5DE-0868-484A-8B81-1A23BB8C3000.thumb.jpeg.bb94932daec31878afd0e8e2140e17f5.jpeg

E15C4DCE-940D-4EA7-A908-754151DB4FBE.thumb.jpeg.c9b02f5fb3d7ecc0696e377b853bc042.jpeg

Sunset Bar open today but deck chairs still tied up. 

2FAFDF6A-2631-41C8-BB72-17C421669DB8.thumb.jpeg.b5fa265de1bf2dc45e0eceb93f878c7c.jpeg

4C59AC56-D40A-44FF-8458-D6F929A3BE91.thumb.jpeg.f4b769c3a1f3b60c3e3327e7c9b87ea7.jpeg

They had a fruit carving demo today at Lawn Club Grill

B59E9783-2140-4E50-9A16-A91AF742C9E9.thumb.jpeg.5fe1e3e777b9033c85a4794b7acf6e47.jpeg

E13C9540-A6E4-4235-A175-24AA4A719CD6.thumb.jpeg.28c91f068d939c93cc9c2d57c3af7ac2.jpeg

Nice weather today with sun breaks.  

7888FD71-016D-4C1C-8FE8-E06C292BF113.thumb.jpeg.112351689440217bbf531fe8b45b8b7a.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain

4 hours ago, gordylad said:

Yes Jim its a smashing place and nice to have the grounds/park so handy....think someone asked already but if you can please share anything about the refits that are coming up

Cheers

@Dr. Cocktail posted a link on a thread a link to a small site with lots of information on the Revolution.   There is suppose to be renderings to help understand.   I'm looking at it slowly as the  internet is REALLY SLOW

https://webapps.celebritycruises.com/revolution/

Edited by Jim_Iain

Hi,

Thanks for all the updates, I’ve been reading the whole trail. We’re on Silhoutte 11/30. Who is the concierge in Michael’s club? We find they do a lot to make the cruise more enjoyable and have some excellent and not so good hosts. 

Thanks

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

I am glad that you enjoyed the Porch.

We love the Porch for a sea day lunch when it is warm outside.

Do  you know if the $30 charge is the same for dinner?

Has Celebrity been offering discounts for lunch at the Porch?

Enjoy  the rest of your cruise and thank you for posting.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

01E4E720-6DA1-4103-BE8A-08C9337E345F.thumb.jpeg.9a422e2ad6812465ee17fc8c75eb226f.jpeg

That artwork was in the internet room on Celebrity Mercury (or maybe Galaxy?) years ago.  I remember in the days of live Celebrity webcams you could see it featured in the computer room webcam and before I got on the ship I was interested as to what it looked like in real life.  There's probably a plaque by it.

Phil

• Like 1