Live Blog – Silhouette Nov 3 – Beaches to Broadway – Pull up a seat and Join

Jim_Iain

2 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

It's on the port side, and I'm pretty sure it is the same on all S class, and possibly M class.  Opposite it on the starboard side is the ice cream service.

You are of course 100% correct.   I hate to admit that I never noticed the listing of Il Secondo Bacio.   

I just went up to check it out and have a chat with the Barista/Bar Tender.    He said they make everything on the menu of Café al Bacio  except they don't have the sweets.   I'll give it a try tomorrow morning.    I've been walking down from Deck 11 to 5 every morning. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, The German Guys said:

Dear Chamima,

we just got off the ship before Jim and Lain went on. You will have a very good time at the World Class Bar. There is Alexandra and Daniel, a very nice couple from Romania. They are the best World Class Bartenders we ever had since with Celebrity. Both are supposed to be on board till February so we are 100% excited to meet them again on Feb. 10th when we get back. They do wonderful cocktails much more than on the limited bar menue and taking fantastic care about your individual taste. They know what  they do!

@Jim,

we are thankful for your daily updates and it is like we are travelling along with you both. Would you please be so kind and say HELLO to Alexandra and Daniel from Udo and Bernd when you stroll around. Enjoy the fabulous Silli and the cruise!

All the best! 

I dropped by this evening and you are correct that the two servers were Alexandra and Daniel.    I pass upon your greetings and they were pleased that you remembered them.   

2 hours ago, Mouse Fan said:

Hi there Jim & Iain, 

So great to hear that you'd like to explore our part of the world... Azamara also does wonderful cruises around the east coast of South Africa that you can easily b2b with that one... we have a beautiful country, I'm sure you guys will LOVE it here!☺️

Take care,

Rhona

I have heard so many wonderful things about your beautiful country and really look forward to being able to visit.     

6 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

You are of course 100% correct.   I hate to admit that I never noticed the listing of Il Secondo Bacio.   

I just went up to check it out and have a chat with the Barista/Bar Tender.    He said they make everything on the menu of Café al Bacio  except they don't have the sweets.   I'll give it a try tomorrow morning.    I've been walking down from Deck 11 to 5 every morning. 

I honestly have to admit, I don't often remember it either.  Besides, the walk is good for you.😀

2 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

They had a wonderful event for Remembrance Day in the theater at 10:45, standing room only.   Patriotism is definitely not dead on the Silhouette as it seems to be in many places today.   Tomorrow is 11/11.   In Maryland we were asked to ring our church bells at 11 am.    It will be amazing if they do this is Boston with so many old church bells.   It’s good to remember once a year why we have all the freedoms we enjoy and the many sacrifices that were made.

Glad you brought up the Remembrance Day Event.  It is wonderful that so many participated.   I'm a member of Son's of The American Revolution and one of our annual patriotism events is to place a flag on each of the 26,000 graves at San Francisco National Cemetery for Veteran's Day.   It is incredible the number of volunteers who participate each year.   

For all of our Veteran's -  Thank you for your service and protection.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, helen haywood said:

But for your basic cappuccinos and espressos it will do fine.

I spoke with them this evening and they make anything on the menu from downstairs.   I'm going to give them a try tomorrow. 

15 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

That artwork was in the internet room on Celebrity Mercury (or maybe Galaxy?) years ago.  I remember in the days of live Celebrity webcams you could see it featured in the computer room webcam and before I got on the ship I was interested as to what it looked like in real life.  There's probably a plaque by it.

Phil

Phil -

I checked out the sculpture and sure enough the plaque says  it is from the Mercury Collection

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jagoffee said:

I am glad that you enjoyed the Porch.

We love the Porch for a sea day lunch when it is warm outside.

Do  you know if the $30 charge is the same for dinner?

Has Celebrity been offering discounts for lunch at the Porch?

Enjoy  the rest of your cruise and thank you for posting.

Just got back from a visit to the Porch.   It is completely empty tonight.    The winds are blowing at 35+ knots and really buffeting you around on the deck.    The waitress said they only have one menu for both lunch and dinner and the price is the same for both.   

She did point out the Lawn Club has a Lunch Hamburger and the cost is less than the dinner menu.  

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Just got back from a visit to the Porch.   It is completely empty tonight.    The winds are blowing at 35+ knots and really buffeting you around on the deck.    The waitress said they only have one menu for both lunch and dinner and the price is the same for both.   

She did point out the Lawn Club has a Lunch Hamburger and the cost is less than the dinner menu.  

Thank you for checking.

Received letter about immagration clearance tomorrow.   No time is given yet as they will not know until immagration is aboard and settled.  Personally I think it is that they are unsure how long it will take to clear the people on tours.  

F37DA142-F63F-4251-9E1F-E4CAF70A54E8.thumb.jpeg.1f99552dfce6a5796add6b04ce169a18.jpeg

We we have been told if you don’t want an early morning clearance you can go any time after your group is called. 

5 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I checked today with Richard, the Suites Manager.    He said they usually have a 6 month contract and have only been on for about 6 weeks so is almost certain they will be on for your cruise.   He said he would let me know otherwise if he finds out otherwise.     They are definitely a great Jazz Group.

JIm, THANKS.   That is really good news.   Keeping my fingers crossed that it is true;  being able to listen to live jazz and Great American Songbook will really help to make the cruise a great one for me.

29 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Shot pictures of the bar menu in Ensamble Bar. 

1A43F8C1-623D-42BF-937C-F678941DC6EC.thumb.jpeg.d5e5d35fbd0912654357f6c69f34d194.jpeg

😱

29 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

a

WOW - They've REALLY raised the price of the wines by the glass!!😱

Is the Premium price limit still $13?

Princess has also raised their prices but, coincidentally , they also have the Decoy and it's $12/glass.

23 minutes ago, chamima said:

WOW - They've REALLY raised the price of the wines by the glass!!😱

Is the Premium price limit still $13?

Princess has also raised their prices but, coincidentally , they also have the Decoy and it's $12/glass.

It appears they have raised the price limit to $15

Premium Package

$69 USD/per night*

Just $14 per night more than Classic Package

Includes drinks up to $15 and those of the Standard and Classic beverage packages. An 18% service charge is added to each check. Wines by the bottle are discounted by 20%.

VODKA

• Absolut Elyx
  • Belvedere
  • Belvedere Intense
  • Chopin
  • Christiania
  • Ciroc & Flavors
  • Grey Goose
  • Hangar 1
  • Ketel One
  • Pearl
  • Rain
  • Reyka
  • Russian Standard

GIN

• Bombay Sapphire
  • Bombay Sapphire East
  • Hendrick’s
  • Plymouth
  • Star of Bombay
  • Tanqueray
  • Tanqueray No. Ten

TEQUILA

• Cazadores Reposado
  • Don Julio Reposado
  • Herradura Reposado
  • Patrón Citrónge
  • Patrón Reposado
  • Patrón Silver
  • Patrón XO Café

WHISKEY (BOURBON, CANADIAN, IRISH, AND SCOTCH)

• Aberfeldy 12
  • Bulleit Rye
  • Chivas Regal 12
  • Crown Royal
  • Dewar’s 12
  • Gentleman Jack
  • Glen Scotia Single Malt
  • Glenfiddich Reserva Cask
  • Glenfiddich Select
  • The Glenlivet
  • Haig Scotch
  • Highland Park Scotches
  • Highland Park Elnar
  • Jack Daniel's Black
  • Jack Daniel's Honey
  • Jack Daniel's Rye
  • Jack Daniel's Single Barrel
  • Johnnie Walker Black
  • The Macallan
  • The Macallan Lumina
  • The Macallan Quest
  • Maker’s Mark
  • Rittenhouse Rye
  • Wild Turkey
  • Woodford Double Oaked
  • Woodford Reserve
  • Woodford Rye

COCKTAILS

Craft cocktails, large martinis, and long drinks, all made with Premium Beverage Package spirits

RUM

• Bacardi 8 Años
  • Brugal
  • Flor de Caña
  • Mount Gay
  • Pyrat XO
  • Zacapa 23

LIQUEURS & COGNACS

• Baileys Irish Cream
  • Chambord
  • Cointreau
  • Courvoisier VSOP
  • Disaronno Amaretto
  • Drambuie
  • Frangelico
  • Godiva
  • Grand Marnier
  • Remy Martin VSOP
  • St. Germain
  • Tuaca

BEERS

• Anchor Steam
  • Blue Moon
  • Brooklyn Brown Ale
  • Dogfish Head 90 min
  • Estrella Damm (gluten free)
  • Fuller’s London Pride
  • Grolsch
  • Guinness
  • Highland Stout
  • Kingfisher Lager
  • Kronenbourg 1664
  • La Fin du Monde
  • Lagunitas Little Sumpin'
  • Lagunitas Pils
  • Leffe Blond
  • Magners Cider
  • O’Hara’s Irish Red
  • Ommegang Abbey Ale
  • Orion Lager
  • Paulaner Salvator Double Bock
  • Peroni
  • Rogue Dead Guy Ale
  • Sapporo
  • Sierra Nevada
  • Stella Artois
  • Stone IPA
  • Woodchuck Granny Smith Cider
  • Woodchuck Pear Cider

WINES

Champagnes and favorite wines such as Cherry Tart Pinot Noir, Conundrums, Decoy Cabernet Sauvignon, Ferrari-Carano Fumé Blanc, J&H Selbach Riesling Kabinett, Mer Soleil Chardonnay, Michael David Petite Petit red, and Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc.

NON-ALCOHOLIC

• Premium bottled water
  • Acqua Panna water
  • Evian water
  • San Pellegrino
  • Premium coffees
  • Juices, fresh and bottled
  • Red Bull
  • Sodas
  • Premium teas
  • Honest® iced teas
  • Matcha teas
  • Vitaminwater

As long as I was checking out Celebrity Site -  I pulled the information for the Classic-  I still owe an answer on the price of a specific item someone requested.   I have to go back and check the questions. 

Classic Package

$59 USD/per night*

Includes drinks up to $9 and those of the Standard Beverage Package. An 18% service charge is added to each check. Wines by the bottle are discounted by 15%

VODKA

• Absolut and Flavors
  • New Amsterdam
  • Smirnoff
  • Tito’s

GIN

• Beefeater
  • Bombay Dry
  • Gordon’s

TEQUILA

• Cazadores Blanco
  • Don Julio Blanco
  • Herradura Blanco

WHISKEY (BOURBON, CANADIAN, IRISH, AND SCOTCH)

• Canadian Club
  • Dewar’s White Label
  • Famous Grouse
  • Jim Beam
  • Johnnie Walker Red
  • Monkey Shoulder
  • Seagram’s 7
  • Seagram’s VO

COCKTAILS

A large selection of classic cocktails made with Classic Beverage Package spirits

RUM

• Bacardi & Flavors
  • Bacardi Oakheart
  • Captain Morgan's
  • Kraken Black Spiced
  • Malibu
  • Myer’s
  • Wray & Nephew

LIQUEURS & COGNACS

• Campari
  • Galliano
  • Goldschlager
  • Hennessy VS
  • Kahlua
  • Kirsch
  • Licor 43
  • Novo Fogo Cachacas
  • Ouzo
  • Romana Sambuca
  • Southern Comfort
  • Tia Maria

BEERS

• Alaska Brewing (Alaska Sailngs)
  • Amstel Light
  • Boddington’s
  • Coors Light
  • Corona Light
  • Corona
  • Franziskaner
  • Kirin
  • Kirin Light
  • Miller Lite
  • Moretti
  • Newcastle Brown Ale
  • Pabst Blue Ribbon
  • Red Stripe
  • Sam Adams
  • Strongbow hard ciders

WINES

A large selection of wines from around the world, such as chardonnays from California, merlots from Washington, malbecs from Argentina, and riojas from Spain

NON-ALCOHOLIC

• Nonpremium bottle water
  • Premium coffees
  • Juices
  • Sodas
  • Premium teas

Thanks Jim.

I really appreciate all of the checking you're doing (for me and everyone else).

$15 helps a little but $8/glass over and above the Premium package for what I think is a so-so wine is still crazy.

Hopefully we'll find a decent dry red somewhere within the package.

(Otherwise it's World Class Bar all the way!!! - Not such a bad option. 😄)

EDIT: I just checked online and Decoy Cabernet Sauvignon is priced from $15 - $25 a BOTTLE.

That price list HAS to be a mistake!

$25.00
Duckhorn Portf...

$16.99
GarysWine.com

Edited by chamima

1 hour ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

I'm really surprised at the price of Decoy.  We drank it a lot last cruise and never an upcharge from the premium package.  Maybe it is a different Decoy wine.  Our favorite is Atalon which was a bit more than Decoy.

It was under the premium package before.

May be they misprinted Decoy instead of Duckhorn.

if it’s Duckhorn Carbenet,then it’s worth the money for $23.00 /glass

Duckhorn Carbenet 2014 retail as $65.00 /bottle.

Edited by verizon

Thank-you for posting the wine list! I enjoyed Decoy Cab on the Relections last Dec, my husband enjoyed the Malbec they had. I didn't see any Malbecs on this list, hoping they bring a couple on board for him for our sailing, but perhaps they have it and it's just not on the menu.  I also enjoy a good Kir Royale on occasion before dinner.  Celebrity has the "up to $13" for the premium package on the website, they must not have updated it there yet.  SInce they are raising the premium package to $14 a day from the classic, it's good that they up the "up to" a little bit too. 

3 hours ago, signman said:

JIm, THANKS.   That is really good news.   Keeping my fingers crossed that it is true;  being able to listen to live jazz and Great American Songbook will really help to make the cruise a great one for me.

Ray Brown, Jr's dad, Ray Brown, was the best jazz upright bass player ever, in my humble opinion.  What a pedigree...Ella Fitzgerald and Ray Brown as your parents!  Thanks for this blog, Jim.  We're on Silhouette on 9 December, and signed up for this cruise next year.  Hope we have better weather than you've experienced!  🙂  Congrats on Zenith...we're lowly Elites.  Tgohal

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, tgohal said:

Ray Brown, Jr's dad, Ray Brown, was the best jazz upright bass player ever, in my humble opinion.  What a pedigree...Ella Fitzgerald and Ray Brown as your parents!  Thanks for this blog, Jim.  We're on Silhouette on 9 December, and signed up for this cruise next year.  Hope we have better weather than you've experienced!  🙂  Congrats on Zenith...we're lowly Elites.  Tgohal

I keep finding Dec 9 cruisers following along this trip with Jim_Iain that haven't stopped by our Roll Call to say hi. We're a friendly and welcoming group, stop by and introduce yourselves!:classic_biggrin: 

• Thanks 1