Live Blog – Silhouette Nov 3 – Beaches to Broadway – Pull up a seat and Join

Jim_Iain

On 11/15/2018 at 8:46 AM, Jim_Iain said:

Newest was coupons from Luminea

5A9A9DBD-ADD5-4C7C-8767-71BC35E255EB.thumb.jpeg.6b573d39e11682209a88c2005ab1602d.jpeg

I find this extremely annoying! Last time we were in an RS with unlimited specialty dining there was a very nice Indian guy who kept approaching us to book Sushi on Five.  I joked with him that I have a shellfish allergy and also prefer my fish ”flaky” (AKA over-cooked).  He would laugh but approach us again later.

My husband I actually felt sorry for him that he was under obvious pressure to aggressively push this.

If this happens again, I’m not going to wait for the useless post-cruise survey. I’m going to fill out an “attention to detail” card and give to the MC concierge, suite mgr or butler.

Jane

PS I used to thoroughly complete the post-cruise surveys when they were paper, but no more. I find the online surveys do not include enough questions about things that are important to us.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, verizon said:

Doesn't matter who served you in Luminae.

They all worked very hard and give excellent services to their Customers.

They are specially selected to work at Luminae what ever ship they have contract with.

I recently met one waiter on Infinity that remember me that used to worked on Eclipse.

I would like to respectfully disagree.   While I agree with you that generally the service is excellent.   We ate one day  and would only say the service by the waiter was lackluster.    The server took our order and disappeared from our table, no bread service or even asking our water preference.   45 minutes later she returned and dropped our order with hardly a hello and disappeared again.    Not the norm but in any restaurant I would not have tipped.   When brought to Franco's attention he apologized and assured us he would make sure that never happened again.  

• Like 1

It's been a rocking rolling day again today with 30-35 knot winds.   The early morning sun disappeared to be replaced with gray skies.   We were invited for a bridge tour today.   Although we have been to many bridge tours it is always fun to see the bridge. 

Tonight we are having dinner in Murano's.    It will be our final Chic night so will be festive for sure.    

Been a lazy day and enjoying our time at sea.   Iain had his haircut yesterday in the Spa and was quite happy with the results.  He felt it was one of the best cuts he has had in a long time.  Just for reference it ran $50 including tip. 

Tonight our dreaded disembarkation letter and luggage tags arrived.  It will be a relaxed departure for us.   We have a 11:45 flight from FLL so will not be in a rush.  

Not sure if things have changed but in previous years FLL would not allow you to check in for domestic flights until 2 hours before flight.   Appreciate any recent travelers information.  

AEDEF616-F390-4295-9808-03484D0E1541.thumb.jpeg.8df38a301d7cf3bd383465ae9bb1bdab.jpeg

9B2CE60D-B19F-4D49-AC86-F02CA6665A0F.thumb.jpeg.bc403c58f2fdc8e4da7aaa2df9c821bf.jpeg

ED463BD3-8228-4D37-A796-E33B18FF5C30.thumb.jpeg.c86cd193021f3b8555dc032d9671641e.jpeg

521AF663-7F4B-43C5-9A72-CFB5393F8794.thumb.jpeg.809fdb39a5ed302fbd7364062bf78740.jpeg

45 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Wow: Suites + Zenith! – your bags will be the A Number One special-treatment items on disembarkation.  I would expect LLP to personally carry them off the ship for you!

LOL   Only real benefit is you can leave whenever you wish and your bags are segregated.  

We we plan on using Mobile Passport or Global Entry.    I suspect will be easy clearance for US Passports.   Heavy British passenger load.  

Nice to see a picture of Cranston. I doubt you will see him again as it is your last night and you have received your eviction notice. If you happen to wander thru MC this evening, and he is there, please tell him that the lady who told him about “sea and sun” (aka Mer Soleil) will see him in two weeks. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We we plan on using Mobile Passport or Global Entry.    I suspect will be easy clearance for US Passports.   Heavy British passenger load.  

I thought there were twice as many US passengers on board compared to Brits. US and Canada make up the majority.

1 hour ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Enjoyed following along on your cruise.  Cranston was one of our favorite bar tenders.  I thought check in at Fll was 3 hours but I could be wrong.  Why didn't you do luggage valet? It's free for some suite guests, if not it is totally worth the price.

Not free to Sky Suite.  It used to be Celebrity Suite and above but now I think it's just the upper suites.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Enjoyed following along on your cruise.  Cranston was one of our favorite bar tenders.  I thought check in at Fll was 3 hours but I could be wrong.  Why didn't you do luggage valet? It's free for some suite guests, if not it is totally worth the price.

They are returning from a transatlantic and , if memory serves (which it doesn't always) , there is no luggage valet on transatlantics. They want everyone to walk through customs with their own luggage.

But, other than that, you are SO RIGHT!!!! Worth every penny!

Edited by chamima
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, chamima said:

They are returning from a transatlantic and , if memory serves (which it doesn't always) , there is no luggage valet on transatlantics. They want everyone to walk through customs with their own luggage.

But, other than that, you are SO RIGHT!!!! Worth every penny!

My memory is the same as yours — no luggage valet on TAs.  Also, I’m on this TA right now, and there’s been no mention of it in anything I’ve seen. 

As for clearing customs and immigration, we’re a bit of a hybrid here with our itinerary, as we’ve already called at two U.S. ports since the crossing  — Boston and NY.  Immigration officials came aboard in Boston, and everyone was required to present herself in person to the officials, with passport and any other required docs (depending on citizenship). Then we left the U.S. and visited Bermuda.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Straughn said:

Nice to see a picture of Cranston. I doubt you will see him again as it is your last night and you have received your eviction notice. If you happen to wander thru MC this evening, and he is there, please tell him that the lady who told him about “sea and sun” (aka Mer Soleil) will see him in two weeks. 

Will definitely see him tonight.  Haven't gotten the eviction notice yet.    That comes tonight as the cruise will be ending on Sunday.   We have really enjoyed Cranston.  He has such a good mood and always singing and having a fun time. 

10 hours ago, UKPete71 said:

I thought there were twice as many US passengers on board compared to Brits. US and Canada make up the majority.

Really not sure of the % mixture but when we had Immigration in Boston they called for all US Passports at around number 8 or 9 while I understand the numbers ran up to about 30.   Maybe it was the U.S. Passports were not scrutinized as much.   

10 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

I would have loved to do Luggage Valet but was unavailable on our cruise.   Even though we cleared Boston initially they still consider us a Transatlantic.   My understanding is they will start Luggage Valet on the next cruise. 

10 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

My memory is the same as yours — no luggage valet on TAs.  Also, I’m on this TA right now, and there’s been no mention of it in anything I’ve seen. 

As for clearing customs and immigration, we’re a bit of a hybrid here with our itinerary, as we’ve already called at two U.S. ports since the crossing  — Boston and NY.  Immigration officials came aboard in Boston, and everyone was required to present herself in person to the officials, with passport and any other required docs (depending on citizenship). Then we left the U.S. and visited Bermuda.  

I had asked Nina (Hotel Director) and she said that we have to do Customs here and they will ask for your passport but the immigration process is not as intensive as in Boston.   

I'm not sure if it is different for all passengers but we didn't a disembarkation questionnaire on this cruise.  

We had a festive evening last night with a visit to Murano's.   By the way to answer a question a couple days back - The Maître De of Murano's is Leon.   

We met Marcia for drinks in Michael's Club before moving next door to Murano's.    We had a reservation for 8:00 and found the restaurant to be only about 3/4 occupied.  Service and food  were excellent as expected.   

Marcia had the Pear in Philo for a starter followed by Chateaubriand as a main course.   For desert she selected the Strawberry Bella Rouge.

Iain selected the Lobster Bisque as a started with the Rack of Lamb for Dinner.   He chose the Gran Marnie Soufflé.

I chose the Tomato an Mozzarella salad, Lobster and selection of Gelato's for desert.  

It turned out to be a very inexpensive evening.    We had a certificate for 2 free dinners from Future Cruises and they only charged us $25 for Marcia (He said the had a 50% off special).   We did leave a healthy tip.  

• Thanks 1