Live Blog – Silhouette Nov 3 – Beaches to Broadway – Pull up a seat and Join

Jim_Iain

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'm up and playing around on the internet to waste time until we leave for the airport around 1-1:30.    I was checking Flight Aware and can see that the inbound plane (AF84) is scheduled to arrive 40 minutes early.   The strange thing is they are showing our flight (AF83) departing and arriving 20 minutes late.    When checking AF they are showing an on-time departure and arrival.    Oh well I'll just keep an eye on it.  

Looks like they have filed a nice flight route to avoid any storms 

af83.jpg.524d7da84f2b2df9578cc0228707f6fd.jpg

Jim -

I flew into CDG in mid October from Seattle.    Immigration was over an hour wait.   I wasn't premium cabin though.   But be aware there are three lines (EU, Non EU and Sky Priority).  I think you are flying business so definitely look for the Sky Priority queue.   Have a great time!

Joe

Edited by JoePDX

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

November 1, 2018

Noon time and getting ready to leave for the airport.   Beautiful day in the Bay Area with clear skies and 75 F.  

Suitcases and Backpack (with Passports) sitting at the front door. 

B2A61017-C57A-40A2-98C9-7B0325A4E63A.thumb.jpeg.dfdee8e74bebe3485a1baa97c21cfef2.jpeg

Following along.  Love the Silhouette! We were on her for our Mediterranean cruise in 2016.   Beautiful ship, great crew, great food!   I'll be on the Silhouette in November 2019 for our ABC cruise! Have a wonderful time!!!!!😄

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, h20cruzer said:

Luggage—— That’s it for the 2 of you!!!!!

We have that same amount for the 2 of us. I finally got my luggage down to 34 lbs.  I envy those that travel with just a carry on.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

You can’t make these up.  It’s a nice day at SFO but it’s the first time I’ve seen someone sunbathing outside the International terminal. 

75776D15-7591-45DF-8EFD-E1927FD6B906.thumb.jpeg.57598e90d4e4cb49e75dbb5f4231c1a3.jpeg

I'm so tempted to drive up there to see this.  But I'm sure he'd be gone by the time I got there.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, nikel said:

We have that same amount for the 2 of us. I finally got my luggage down to 34 lbs.  I envy those that travel with just a carry on.

Wish I could travel that lite, this was luggage for 3 on my last TA on the Silhouette

image.png

Since we board the Silhouette in 38 days, I'll just follow along to admire the pictures and get mentally prepared for what is ahead.

Have been on other S class ships and several of the M class as well but first time on the Silhouette.

Thanks in advance for taking time out of your vacation to bring us along with photos and info.

Have a Great Trip!

• Thanks 1

November 2 -Paris CDG

The flight started in an inorganised way.  First they called boarding in the loung.  We marched down to a packed gate.  Nothing was happening and then the agent announced a 16 minute delay.   Well 20 minutes passed and no action.   The then came on and said there would be a 1 hour delay and sent us back to the lounge.   The lady their said why are you back. It is showing they started boarding.  She did suggest we stay in the lounge until she sees only 50 passengers.    Worked like a gem

The flight was very nice with excellent service and food

0AE0D8B4-06C6-4A7C-B8EC-457BFE65EF2A.thumb.jpeg.befc7fccdf5752d88a8d8296587c5dba.jpeg

BDC51DAD-6410-440E-8F65-308CE06CA449.thumb.jpeg.8b8ffce38370baf14fd9373b84dba182.jpeg

The Lobster Starter

1CBE70B1-901E-4D2E-9C15-E7E982E8C959.thumb.jpeg.44234784c2664f2df04ce23c8a282615.jpeg

Filet

272D2FDF-8E26-468C-B07D-C13825497D8E.thumb.jpeg.e7d69369b76abef1b94417a6815b9de4.jpeg

Desert

5CF7E1A8-8080-4D8E-B6AF-2055803AFA73.thumb.jpeg.2b742606e00cf373f7a6866fd18f4650.jpeg

now on it was time for sleep.   Got a nice 6 hour sleep and then Breakfast before landing. 

60C1DCD1-9E04-4D59-A982-952E0EEBA21D.jpeg

• Like 2

Greetings Jim_Iain! Beautiful day, relatively, here in Southampton today (Friday). Clear blue skies with lotsa sun. About 13c. Should be able to see Silhouette from our hotel room window tomorrow morning. Shall stroll down to the ship which is about 10 minutes away. Looking forward to meeting you and chatting about your recent Japanese trip. We are booked on Millenium for this time in 2019. Looking forward to a smooth crossing. Cheers! Crown Vic...

• Thanks 1

On 11/1/2018 at 3:07 PM, nikel said:

And nexus card...best $50.00 investment ever

It’s a shame UK, Heathrow does not recognize it.   We stood in line for 45 minutes yesterday after arriving.   The UK has their own special entry card  and you must purchase it online.   The line for non-UK passports was extremely long.

• Thanks 1

On 11/1/2018 at 3:07 PM, nikel said:

And nexus card...best $50.00 investment ever

On 10/31/2018 at 3:22 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I'm sure there would be a long que of immigration officers volunteering for that job for sure.   Unfortunately, I don't believe we will get any immigration officers until we arrive in Boston.

@UKPete71may be able to update us on the process.   Did they have different ques for U.S. and International Passport holders.   On my last cruise, In Japan they had the U.S. Passports in one area and other Countries in Cosmos. 

Didn’t everyone get the post from Celebrity??   They stated that there will a delay in Boston because everyone on the ship (including crew) must go through immigration before anyone, including suite guests, can get off the ship.  We are in a suite and have a tour booked to avoid some of the hassles.

• Thanks 1

Reading that Navigator of the Seas has an itinerary change, due to imminent bad weather. I wonder if it something to do with the flooding problem they had last week, when they had to go to Vigo for repairs when they were en route to Madeira.

we are on Navigator on Monday similar itinerary but they have cancelled Boston, New York saying due to weather but didn’t understand how Celebrity Silhouette has not been effected. Navigator now going to Bruges and Le Harve.’

Edited by upwarduk
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Covepointcruiser said:

It’s a shame UK, Heathrow does not recognize it.   We stood in line for 45 minutes yesterday after arriving.   The UK has their own special entry card  and you must purchase it online.   The line for non-UK passports was extremely long.

Improvements are on the way. The UK government announced this week that the e-passport gates that read the chip inside the passport currently only for UK and EU passports will also be available for US, Can, Aus, NZ and Japan passports.

• Like 1