Skipping Castaway Cay during September

mattson

Hi Cruisers,

Just wondering how often you've had to skip a stop at Castaway Cay during your September cruises during inclement weather events?

I'm hoping to cruise on Disney, but I'm limited to September itineraries due to vacation timing and curious to know my likelihood of a missed stop at CC (which the entire fambam is super excited to visit.

Cheers,

Matt

30 DCL cruises, and we've never missed CC when it was scheduled....lots of September cruises as that's an off season and birthday time for us.  Until a few years ago there was a guy on line tracking how often any of the ships missed CC and when.  His numbers pretty consistently ran 1-3% of scheduled visits were missed.  The 3% was when the island was wiped out by a hurricane and closed for repairs for several weeks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2018 at 11:55 PM, mattson said:

Hi Cruisers,

Just wondering how often you've had to skip a stop at Castaway Cay during your September cruises during inclement weather events?

I'm hoping to cruise on Disney, but I'm limited to September itineraries due to vacation timing and curious to know my likelihood of a missed stop at CC (which the entire fambam is super excited to visit.

Cheers,

Matt

Why do you think you would miss Castaway in Sept? Honestly the Winter months is when Castaway is most ofter missed due to high winds and winter storm fronts. It's funny how people think hurricane season is the only time you get storms. Ships avoid hurricanes. Winter storms they tend to just barrel through. Hurricanes are rarer then the Winter storms that move across the Atlantic.