Suggested NCL menu hacks

Norovirus595

The new menus kinda suck, so in this thread we'll list some easy hacks (that aren't hugely inconvenient for the staff) to make the food better. I'll start. 

1. They got rid of the option for grilled salmon on the spinach caesar salad on the lunch MDR menu, I assume as part of NCL's long-running plan to reduce any seafood outside of the Haven to fish sticks. However, they still have the cajun shrimp salad (which has tasty shrimp but is fairly unappetizing), so just ask for the spinach caeser with the cajun shrimp added. Easy for the waiter, easy for the kitchen, and I actually prefer it to the salmon to begin with. 

2. The new smoked mozzarella ravioli on the MDR dinner menu is pretty tasty, and it's on the appetizer list every night. Sadly it's covered in "lobster sauce" which is the same as NCL's disgusting brown lobster bisque. Some people rave about it, but I find it vile. Doesn't go with the smoked mozz AT ALL and totally overpowers the dish. Solution? Ask for it with marinara sauce instead. Easy enough for the kitchen to just ladle sauce out of a different pot, and voila...delicious. 

Your turn. 

Edited by Norovirus595
  • Thanks 1

It's been a couple years, so things may have changed, but these are my go-tos that I will be trying again next month on The Escape:

1. I always ask for anchovies on my Caesar Salad and get it that way in the Main Dining Rooms
  2. I LOVE the fish and chips for lunch in the Main Dining Room, but I also enjoy the pretzel roll that the grouper sandwich comes on. You can get the fish and chips with that pretzel roll and it  is an AMAZING sandwich.
  3. Sometimes you can find Limoncello at a bar and get a super yummy martini made with it and included in the UBP. So good and not on the menu.

1 hour ago, AKR2011 said:

I LOVE the fish and chips for lunch in the Main Dining Room, but I also enjoy the pretzel roll that the grouper sandwich comes on. You can get the fish and chips with that pretzel roll and it  is an AMAZING sandwich.

Similar, but figured I'd add mine anyway! I absolutely LOVE pretzel rolls, so I get the cheeseburger on the pretzel roll. It's great!

I’m thinking of asking for Caesar salad with dressing on the side and beef entrees with gravy/sauce on the side. I’m hoping I’ll get salads that aren’t limp and wet and beef that isn’t hidden with sauces and maybe better looking.

My wife is not a fish and chips fan overall but orders that 1-2x a cruise at O'Sheehans. 

my favorite hack is to get white rice and place some stew on top of it, the one with brownish sauce.   I don't know if it's indian or Mediterranean dish but it's fantastic.  i also drop some pot roast + sauce upon the rice if available. 

i try to remember to bring a small Ziploc bag or two on the cruise, it's great for bringing cookies or chips back to the room for a small midnight snack. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...