“Live from: Z and TB’s Fall Foliage Extravaganza”

Zqueeze1

7 hours ago, hockeyken said:

You are indeed a "moron", you Baboon. Seems to me , I had to return some lost passports to you once upon a time, but we won't talk about that now.

K

Hah!!!  Miss you, too Ken.  Thanks for the cold weather.  It reminds me of your personality.   Next time you come see us from Toronto, I’ll make sure you roast until you are well done. 

Say hi to your better half and family. 

Z and TB

Nice to read your posts Z.

Say hi to the boss from us and enjoy your trip.

We will be on the Navigator starting on Jan 4th for the "Around the world Cruise"

131 days

keep those posts and pics coming!!!

Carol and Rich

Good Morning and Happy Halloween!!  

Today is our first sea day and we have a pretty good selection of things to do. More on that later. 

Our port of call yesterday was Saguenay where we selected a tour highlighting the town. We went to a goat farm (not my thing), saw the little White House that is famous for surviving a massive flood in 1996, went to a home painted inside and out with art, and saw a video on the creation of the fjord (spoiler alert: snoozer). Overall, we really enjoyed the tour and the excellent tour guide who was passionate about her work. 

After the tour, we overate at La Veranda and I had the honor of watching The Boss take a three hour nap. I cannot stress how incredible it is to watch this daily miracle where Regent feeds us all several times a day. Yes, it can be crowded at times and yes, you can’t get caviar every day, but I feel as if they really make an effort to please everyone. 

Comment on what KC and RC wrote regarding the captain’s lack of communication:  spot on. I would also have to include the cruise director. I guess we have been spoiled by John Barron and Lorraine who seem to be omnipresent. I haven’t seen or barely heard either one. 

In regards to the crew, I’ve run into a couple who seem to be newer and a little lost, but, on the most part the service has been great and the staff is very friendly. Of course, it’s great to get to know them and hear about their work and families. That’s one of the reasons that I really enjoy Wes and Ida’s crew interviews on their thread. 

BTW, there is a film crew doing stills and videos for Regent so there are a few of their models walking around. Funny, none of them look like me. 

Today’s highlight is a lecture by Mr Ken Rossignol. I met him and his lovely wife on sail away day, but did not remember much due to my rum buzz. He asked me how I liked his book. So, the mystery of the book in my cabin is solved. That’s what I get for my rum buzz. We are also going to a wine tasting event at 1045, perfect time before lunch.

Of course, dinner was again perfect with Mario giving us insight on what to order or not order. 

Z and TB

947B677B-5420-4C4D-B348-5FBB30357FFF.jpeg

Edited by Zqueeze1
Serious problems loading pics today.

2 hours ago, woogie said:

Nice to read your posts Z.

Say hi to the boss from us and enjoy your trip.

We will be on the Navigator starting on Jan 4th for the "Around the world Cruise"

131 days

keep those posts and pics coming!!!

Carol and Rich

Woogie!!!  See you June 18th in Southampton. 

Z and TB

If you get a chance, could you ask Mario if the "Commodore" is still living onboard?  I believe he was 90 at the time, and although he walked with the aid of a cane, he was out and about quite a bit.  He always had a table in the corner (Mario's station), and ate earlier than 6:30, but he was still there most nights when we came in for dinner.  He would smile and nod, but we never talked to him as we wanted to respect his privacy.  Just curious if he's still there, or maybe he moved to another ship.  Thanks!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zqueeze1 said:

Sheltieluv:

Sitting on Mario’s station, we have a direct view of the Commodore/Captain. He is a spry individual. Would love to talk to him but it is a little intimidating. 

Z and TB

I have talked with him several times.  He is a really nice man.  We were just down the hall from him once so we interacted frequently.  Go up and introduce yourself.

We’re taking our first regent cruise in December of next year. Love reading your report and looking at the pictures. I’m trying to figure out what the food is. Could you put descriptions with the pictures?  Enjoy the rest of the cruise and hope the weather gets warmer as you head south. 

I am rewriting an abbreviated version for today since I lost my original text as I was finishing  it. We are in Sydney, Canada today and hope to have an enjoyable walking tour of the city. 

Yesterday was a spectacular day with lots of sunshine and some whale spotting.  

We attended Ken’s lecture on Pirate trials and will try to attend his four other ones throughout the cruise. Ken is a very likable fellow full of stories and with a great sense of humor. 

At 1045 we attended the wine tasting event after the lecture and fell in love with  a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc as well as Cline’s ancient vines Zinfandel. We extended the event through lunch and later on at the pool deck where I sported my legs with some shorts.  

Lunch was a rib sticking, finger licking, lick the plate Tex Mex that was the best we have ever had in nine Regent cruises. 

Last night we had the block party and met our great neighbors followed by dinner at Prime 7 which was awesome although the room was damn hot. 

We have been listening to Allen Roman a great pianist and singer after dinner for the last couple of nights. He actually played our wedding song “Just the Way You Are” by Billy Joel. 

Mega pints for me. I hope the crew has a good day today since some may be dragging from last night’s crew halloween party.  

I forgot to mention something yesterday. A certain blond haired lady (no names mentioned to protect my facial bone structure) ordered half a chicken for dinner two nights ago, then proceeded to ask the waiter, “which half do I get?”  She’s killing me. 

Z and TB

Melt in your mouth prime rib

1BAE7C79-F6F1-4C17-BA84-165D88BC978D.jpeg

Double cut pork chop-delicious 

84BC243B-0166-42F1-9E64-C7CB5134CBC4.jpeg

Cheesecake that we shared 

61CC2240-2A11-44E2-B9C5-8104F0FF89D3.jpeg

Wine tasting event

81A9AF53-D99A-40D8-B3AC-A6D8D3E2AD8E.jpeg

C972E6CE-60F7-4AB6-9248-6AD0F15F18EC.jpeg

Edited by Zqueeze1
  • Thanks 1

Hi, Z.  As always,  I'm really enjoying your commentary.  Could you tell me which NZ Sauvignon Blanc that you found so enjoyable?  I like SV's myself, and I'm always on the look out for a new one to try.  The prime rib also looked fantastic.  Many Thanks.

Kwaj first is correct. I had some for lunch today which we have to cover on a special edition of “Live From!” 

I forgot to mention that yesterday morning Maggie special ordered sticky buns for us four. It was a very nicely surprise. Although I don’t need to be eating them, I had two wonderful ones. Maggie is Mario’s assistant at Compass Rose and she is awesome. 

Z and TB

SPECIAL EDITION OF “LIVE FROM:” 

we decided today to have lunch at Compass Rose, something we have never done. Lunch came with singing angels a chorus of vestile virgins, and cherubs spreading rose petals. We had the spring rolls and Chinese ribs which were phenomenal and we accompanied them with Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc.  John also had the tuna tartare:

386DF922-A87F-4F9B-A2E1-3C392C9B69F7.jpeg

Ribs

80199CC3-6A0C-460A-A527-96FD38869275.jpeg

The Boss attacking her ribs 

779406CA-508D-4F59-8F5F-689941186F97.jpeg

Shepperd’s pie from la Veranda’s French Canadian buffet 

07452D74-2A9D-4604-80E1-2F6D9A4051BF.jpeg

Spring roll

3884C77A-24FA-4487-8D72-7C6491B20EC2.jpeg

Edited by Zqueeze1

10 minutes ago, Zqueeze1 said:

Kwaj first is correct. I had some for lunch today which we have to cover on a special edition of “Live From!” 

I forgot to mention that yesterday morning Maggie special ordered sticky buns for us four. It was a very nicely surprise. Although I don’t need to be eating them, I had two wonderful ones. Maggie is Mario’s assistant at Compass Rose and she is awesome. 

Z and TB

And you should see Maggie dance with her partner (Muriel) in Krew Kapers when they are both onboard at the same time!  Ask her sometime.... 

• Like 1

Good Morning from Halifax, Nova Scotia. 

Let me start off by talking about the weather. With the exception of our sunny Wednesday, every day has been cloudy with some sprinkles of rain and cool to cold temperatures. As we proceed south, we expect it to warm up enough for me to practice my cannon balls in the pool.  

Yesterday was not one of my best days. After our post lunch nap, I went to the coffee connection and that’s where it all started going down hill for me. It was hot.  The kind of dry heat that emanates from a heater and makes me claustrophobic. The poor barrista was sweating buckets.  We went up to Galileo with John and Karen and I ended up getting cranky with The Boss.  At dinner, and I think it was me, I was so hot I had to go outside. I ended up with a lighter meal (salad) than usual and went back to the room to cool of with a shower.  If you think it was the booze, not this time.  I had club soda, two vodka and cranberries, and two glasses of Sauvignon Blanc in a four hour time period. Maybe I was getting hot flashes.

I realize that we have not really posted many pics of our outings, but that’s because most shots would be dreary due to the overcast weather. I’ll try to get some more today if the day brightens up. 

Z and TB

Risotto

69E2453A-3D7F-40D4-829C-2A64782A2838.jpeg

Fish dish

491B87F2-E8C8-41CF-9DCC-5C8D672E5412.jpeg

Edited by Zqueeze1