Harmony deck 8 ocean view with large balcony

Our sailing had a large price drop and I was able to upgrade to a ocean view balcony with the larger balcony for free. It is on deck 8. This is our first time on this ship. Is this a good deck to be on with no noise? I’ve tried finding pictures of the cabin 8198 with no luck. Any tips or advice is welcome as we sail 12/9. I did make reservations for the shows and bought the dining and beverage package. 

Thanks!

9 hours ago, kitkat9438 said:

Our sailing had a large price drop and I was able to upgrade to a ocean view balcony with the larger balcony for free. It is on deck 8. This is our first time on this ship. Is this a good deck to be on with no noise? I’ve tried finding pictures of the cabin 8198 with no luck. Any tips or advice is welcome as we sail 12/9. I did make reservations for the shows and bought the dining and beverage package. 

Thanks!

We like deck 8 on Oasis class, it is very convenient to Central Park, for Park Cafe and getting from one end of the ship to the other.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kitkat9438 said:

Thanks!

Yes, it's a good deck and that cabin is a good choice.  ALL balcony cabins look the same on the Harmony.  8198 (on the inside) will look like every other balcony cabin, with only the bed placement alternating)

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

Yes, it's a good deck and that cabin is a good choice.  ALL balcony cabins look the same on the Harmony.  8198 (on the inside) will look like every other balcony cabin, with only the bed placement alternating)

Do the connecting cabins have smaller sofa?

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Do the connecting cabins have smaller sofa?

Not on Oasis class, the connecting door is in the short hallway before you enter the main area of the stateroom.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Are those the cabins that have the doors flush with the hallwsy

I don't recall the flush part, but I believe the doors open out (towards the hallway) on all standard (non-suite) Oasis class balcony staterooms.

• Thanks 1

Deck 8 will probably be like Goldilock's balcony.... just right! 

It's low enough that you don't have to worry about noise from the pool deck, and it's high enough that you don't have to worry about smoke from the smoking deck (sorry, didn't look to see if you're on the port or starboard side... a balcony above or below the outside smoking areas would be a deal-breaker for me!).  

Enjoy!

3 hours ago, brillohead said:

Deck 8 will probably be like Goldilock's balcony.... just right! 

It's low enough that you don't have to worry about noise from the pool deck, and it's high enough that you don't have to worry about smoke from the smoking deck (sorry, didn't look to see if you're on the port or starboard side... a balcony above or below the outside smoking areas would be a deal-breaker for me!).  

Enjoy!

I’m on the port side which is a first but only cabin available. Right around the corner from Park Cafe and close to elevators. 

Do the larger balconies get a get a lounge chair? How do you know which cabins have the bed by the window?

1 hour ago, kitkat9438 said:

I’m on the port side which is a first but only cabin available. Right around the corner from Park Cafe and close to elevators. 

Do the larger balconies get a get a lounge chair? How do you know which cabins have the bed by the window?

Used to, our last one had recliners with foot stool.

20180923_091330.jpg

• 10 months later...
5 minutes ago, Joier said:

Does anyone have any thoughts on 8306-8304. We were the Harmony on our last cruise and enjoyed the 8th floor because of Central Park accessibility! 

I'd prefer to be closer to the stairs/elevators, but I don't see anything wrong with those staterooms.