Lisbon port to hotel - taxi? prebooking?

We are arriving in Lisbon for an overnight on Nov. 27 and will be disembarking on Nov. 28.   Last year when we disembarked in Lisbon we had a very difficult time getting a taxi and it was a crowded mess outside the terminal.  So this time I would like to pre-book one.   With luggage, we do not want to use the metro or bus.

I was referred to one company on TripAdvisor who has not responded to my two emails.   Another just told me to call them that morning.  Not encouraging. 

On the Lisbon Port website, our terminal is now listed as Jardim do Tobaco, which I understand is the newer cruise terminal, just slightly closer to city center than Santa Apolonia. 

Anyone have any suggestions?   TIA.

12 minutes ago, Ski Mom 2 said:

We stayed in Lisbon for 4 nights pre cruise and took an Uber to the port. We had previously used Uber 2 other times during our a

stay. Perhaps you could Uber it?

Thanks for the reply.

Have never used Uber.  We live in the northern suburbs of NYC and go everywhere by car.   And have not used it in our travels as we almost never even take a taxi.    Not sure the crazy congestion at the port would be the best time to try Uber for the first time. 

Have found a couple of options for pre-booking but no reviews of the services.   If I don't come up with a good option, I may just book something the day before disembarkation (we overnight in Lisbon).  

This was the first time we had ever used Uber. We were on the Wind Surf which has 296 passengers. I suppose if you are on a large ship it could be a little crazy disembarking. Just know it could be a possibility. Download the app before you leave home just in case. 

Edited by Ski Mom 2

Have the app and a credit card linked to it.  Always an option.   And of course, I could just make Pete go out in the street and find a taxi again like he did last time - he'll just love that!!  (of course, I will have his passport and airline ticket home, so his options are limited :classic_biggrin:)

• Haha 1

You are right about Jardim do Tobaco although that name has not stuck yet in anybody's mind - still being called Sta Apolonia. I was there late September 2018. Yes its about 1-2 block closer to Praca Do Commercio than the original Sta Apolonia terminal. However because its new, there seems to be better designed pull-up and waiting areas in front of the building, off that main street that runs in front. We walked from Metro station with luggage and I believe we saw a taxi rank just to the far left of the new terminal building as you face it. We were embarking to Azamara Journey so not a zoo in front at early afternoon. Maybe your hotel can make a suggestion?   

Thanks.  I have found a couple of reasonably priced options but they are slow to reply to emails. I will probably try to make a booking that I don't have to prepay and hope it works out.  Worst case we eventually get a regular taxi.