Celebrity App Updated with Edge

TexSea

I downloaded the app on my Iphone and logged in to find my reservations, no problems.

Does being on your account on the app prevent you from logging into your account on a desktop and doing the online check in?

I just tried and I got a message that check in was not available.

I am going to look for the Poet for Hire event onboard, looks interesting.

Can't wait to use the stateroom controls on the Edge!

26 minutes ago, Tony UK said:

So to use this app does it use internet minutes from our package? 

I would bet this high tech ship with an emphasis on using our phones as digital keys and for ordering drinks, booking dinners and excursions, etc. will want to make sure we keep charged up. I picture Cafe al Bacio and other venues having places to charge. Let’s hope they thought that through. 

• Thanks 1

So I just downloaded the App to my iPad, yeah!

When it was finished I looked at where the Icon landed - right on the aft of a picture of the Silhouette on my screensaver. It was too funny, but very apropos. 😁

Thanks to everyone who provided information about this.

Could someone please help?

For some reason I'm stuck on the Resort deck plan in the App and can't find a way to get back to the main menu... Very frustrating.

I finally fixed it. When nothing else works, a hard boot will usually do the trick. 😁

Edited by C-Dragons

5 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

For some reason I'm stuck on the Resort deck plan in the App and can't find a way to get back to the main menu... Very frustrating.

There should be an X located on the top left of the screen. Its on the left side of " Deck #".  If you click, that it should take you back to the main screen. If you don't see it, i suggest that you close your App and re-launch it. The App has frozen on me several times today. 

I had to delete the old Celebrity app and install this new one.  It immediately came up with my Edge reservation and Express Pass, but it doesn't show my pre-purchased shore excursions [it doesn't even show those shore excursions as available].  I notice it says 'beta,' so I guess they haven't coded everything yet.

4 minutes ago, Mcampo said:

There should be an X located on the top left of the screen. Its on the left side of " Deck #".  If you click, that it should take you back to the main screen. If you don't see it, i suggest that you close your App and re-launch it. The App has frozen on me several times today. 

Thanks, I'll look for the X and try that next time. 😊

13 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

I finally fixed it. When nothing else works, a hard boot will usually do the trick. 😁

I’m glad I’m not the only one who gets stuck at times. I’ll try the hard boot! 😃

Just now, Host Jazzbeau said:

I had to delete the old Celebrity app and install this new one.  It immediately came up with my Edge reservation and Express Pass, but it doesn't show my pre-purchased shore excursions [it doesn't even show those shore excursions as available].  I notice it says 'beta,' so I guess they haven't coded everything yet.

Our pre-purchased shore excursion was on our calendar.

9 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I had new things added today that weren’t on it last night - all of my reservations are there. A work in progress - it’s like a gift that keeps on giving.... 😃

Edited by vtcruising

16 hours ago, hcat said:

If we do not have the app, will this be on the wall in our cabin or  ???

Forget the EDGE...we may be left in the dust!!!!

I believe there is a panel on the wall near the entrance door to the cabin which allows you to the same things that you can with your phone. Someone pointed it out in a video of an Edge cabin.

Do you think we are going to have to buy an  internet package to use the X APP onboard? I read that Carnival lets you use the wifi for their App only without having to purchase the package. There is a feature on the X app that allows you to text other passengers, which would be great for when DH and I do separate things but still want to touch base. I don't have the internet package on my three day preview cruise but it is included with my 7 day. I am going back and fourth with regards to if I should buy it because I want to be able to use the APP... Thoughts? 

9 minutes ago, Mcampo said:

Do you think we are going to have to buy an  internet package to use the X APP onboard? I read that Carnival lets you use the wifi for their App only without having to purchase the package. There is a feature on the X app that allows you to text other passengers, which would be great for when DH and I do separate things but still want to touch base. I don't have the internet package on my three day preview cruise but it is included with my 7 day. I am going back and fourth with regards to if I should buy it because I want to be able to use the APP... Thoughts? 

Per the app's description in the App Store, "All guests can use the app for free onboard. No internet package is required."

And then it says... app functionality varies from ship to ship.  🙄

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TexSea said:

Per the app's description in the App Store, "All guests can use the app for free onboard. No internet package is required."

And then it says... app functionality varies from ship to ship.  🙄

Thank you so much!! I don’t know how I missed that but I did. Haha! Let’s hopd it varies to “free” on Edge! 

Anyone use the find on deck feature for the Edge in the app?   The Retreat lounge shows up on both deck 15 and 16 where all other deck plans including Celebrity site show it only on deck 15. Assuming just an error in beta version of app rather than two story lounge.