How Many CCers have made the 100,000+ Club ?

richstowe

I am not sure how you can check - I think that there are more than four but less than ten. I think Keith1010, DaveKathy and Krazy Kruisers all have more than 100,000 that I have seen in the last couple of months, but I am sure I have seen members with more than that previously.

16 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I am not sure how you can check - I think that there are more than four but less than ten. I think Keith1010, DaveKathy and Krazy Kruisers all have more than 100,000 that I have seen in the last couple of months, but I am sure I have seen members with more than that previously.

Nope. I'm not that chatty. Barley over the 10,000 milestone mark. 

Interesting.  I wonder what the average number of posts/day is for someone in the 100K club.  

I seem to recall reading somewhere that some original CC join dates were lost.    Hopefully the post counts were retained.  

I was the first one to reach 100,000 posts back in the spring of 2016.  There was a time when I did "Live" reports, posted the newest menus for HAL, etc.  I joined back in 2001.  So it took 15 years to get that many posts.  We are both retired and for several years we were cruising about 100 days a year.

Shortly after I reached 100,000 another poster started posting like crazy!!  Did about 50,000 posts in a year.  Then Keith1010 got to 100,000.  I don't know about the other couple named here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

I was the first one to reach 100,000 posts back in the spring of 2016.

Congratulations . BTW , is your spouse also a big poster .

Do you know any who have reached this mark and no longer post ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richstowe said:

Congratulations . BTW , is your spouse also a big poster .

Do you know any who have reached this mark and no longer post ?

Thank you.

No -- my spouse does not belong to CC or anything else.  He hates computers.  When HAL changed having you do the surveys on line, I have to set up everything for him to do them.  I have no idea what is going to happen when our newspaper will be all on line.  Right now the Pittsburgh Post Gazette is down to delivery 5 days a week.  The other 2 days they expect you do read everything on line.  I have offered to buy him a tablet -- nope -- he doesn't want one.

I don't know of anyone else who has reached 100,000 posts, but I am sure there are a few getting close.

Krazy Kruiser,   I guess spending 100+ days cruising every year gives you plenty to talk about.  I see in your signature that you stopped counting after 140 cruises.  I stopped after 25 and doubt I'll ever catch up.  Anyway, well done!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ldubs said:

Krazy Kruiser,   I guess spending 100+ days cruising every year gives you plenty to talk about.  I see in your signature that you stopped counting after 140 cruises.  I stopped after 25 and doubt I'll ever catch up.  Anyway, well done!

Thank you.

I was trying to start and keep a record when we were hit with a major snow storm in 2010 which collapsed part of the roof of our house and destroyed boxes of ship and land travels.  Sorted through what I could.

Sadly our traveling days are over as I am not partially handicapped as I can barely walk even with braces and a rollator.  DH has also developed some major problems.  So our travels now are to doctors and tests.

19 hours ago, zqvol said:

Most of those people have thousands of posts that say nothing more than welcome to CC.

Exactly.  I don't see this as an impressive accomplishment at all.  I've seen tons of comments on this board that are not helpful, and do nothing to add to the conversation.  I'll take quality over quantity any day.

Edited by bakersdozen12
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Thank you.

I was trying to start and keep a record when we were hit with a major snow storm in 2010 which collapsed part of the roof of our house and destroyed boxes of ship and land travels.  Sorted through what I could.

Sadly our traveling days are over as I am not partially handicapped as I can barely walk even with braces and a rollator.  DH has also developed some major problems.  So our travels now are to doctors and tests.

A real shame that you and your husbands health has affected any future travel plans. I am sure you will still have much to contribute through all your travel experience.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Thank you.

So sorry to hear that.

i too have had to severely limit my travels, Mrs Gut isn’t allowed fly due to a neurological condition and Doctors have told me not to cruise overseas (at least for now) without my trusty power wheelchair I think I’d not even be cruising locally.

but thank you for all the good advice you give and both of you take care of your health, as best you can.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Thank you.

Roof Collapse -- Yikes!  

Anyway, I think you have enough experience under your belts to continue to be a valuable contributor here on CC.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OCruisers said:

The many posts by KK (Krazy Kruisers) are always helpful and much appreciated.

She never post just to be posting to run up her point count.  

Thanks KK!  :classic_biggrin:

And, to a brand new member making a first post, I think it is kind of nice to get some welcomes from the forum membership.   

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

What I don’t understand is the fascination some people have wit( post counts, their own, or other people’s.

I guess some folks like to rack up the count (I'm obviously not one).   IMO, if someone wants to do that then they should go for it.  Otherwise I look at this thread as just a good natured discussion.