How Many CCers have made the 100,000+ Club ?

richstowe

Just now, ldubs said:

I guess some folks like to rack up the count (I'm obviously not one).   IMO, if someone wants to do that then they should go for it.  Otherwise I look at this thread as just a good natured discussion.  

This thread, yes, but I often see comments on other threads about post counts, and I just don’t get it.

The post count is not really accurate for a couple of reasons. First, charter members like myself accumulated thousands of posts from 1995 to 2000 and lost them all when CC went from AOL to the internet.  Second, many of us lost thousands of posts during at least two computer upgrades.  If I had to guess I probably had 100, 000 posts years ago and I’m sure there are others . That is why I don’t care about post counts.

Edited by dkjretired

7 hours ago, OVgirl said:

I thought before the upgrade, there was somewhere on the website to find a list of all members in order of the number of posts each one has. Don't know if that is still something we can find here.

Before the upgrade there was a "Members List" that had all the members with at least 300 posts.  You could sort the info (like a spreadsheet) by number of posts.  It is gone now.

8 hours ago, ldubs said:

And, to a brand new member making a first post, I think it is kind of nice to get some welcomes from the forum membership.   

I agree. A welcome to the site and some direction or navigation help for the site is usually appreciated.

8 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I agree. A welcome to the site and some direction or navigation help for the site is usually appreciated.

Yes, you see that a lot when people join and go to a general board to ask a question that should be asked on a roll call.

3 hours ago, dkjretired said:

Yes, you see that a lot when people join and go to a general board to ask a question that should be asked on a roll call.

Agreed, I must admit that when I first joined in 2007, I needed help to navigate around and many people supplied it.

11 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Well, what I think is that having a high post count means you have made a lot of posts.  Many members with high post counts also contribute a lot to the forum (beyond just a count).  

I would hope so, although on some threads, including some roll calls, it is just a good natured chat and not so much information.

2 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I would hope so, although on some threads, including some roll calls, it is just a good natured chat and not so much information.

Yeah, that is very true and I think it is OK.  The forum is a bunch of like minded folks coming together, so socializing seems natural.       

2 hours ago, Go-Bucks! said:

And they're usually complaints or trolls.

Some are pretty good and get even experienced posters to bite hook, line, & sinker before catching on (sadly, I can't exclude myself). 

I guess if everyone posted things like "welcome to cruise critic" "thank you" "you're welcome", "you should post your question on the XXX board", "the above poster is correct" there would be a lot more 100,000-ers.

4 hours ago, marco said:

I guess if everyone posted things like "welcome to cruise critic" "thank you" "you're welcome", "you should post your question on the XXX board", "the above poster is correct" there would be a lot more 100,000-ers.

Including posting on the many treads in the Floataway Lounge. :classic_biggrin:

16 hours ago, ldubs said:

Same one as used by the Royal Order of the Raccoons.  This is going to date me.  

I thought I was pretty old, but this escaped me.  Mr. Google straightened me out.  I do remember that show, but it is pretty fuzzy.  My dominant memory from that show is "Too the moon, Alice."  After another Google visit, it looks like I don't remember that correctly, either.

:classic_blush:

19 hours ago, ldubs said:

Same one as used by the Royal Order of the Raccoons.  This is going to date me.  

I thought iswas the one from the Loyal Order of the water buffalo 🤪😳😛

Edited by GUT2407