How early are porters ready to accept your luggage at Pan American pier?

LidoBoy

Red-eye flight arrives at SJU at 5:10am on day of cruise.  One idea to kill time would be to drop off luggage with cruise port porters and then take a taxi somewhere for breakfast and return early afternoon to board the ship.

Thanks, 

Tom

No way will they take or would I give them my luggage much before 11:00am.....Just in San Juan in September and the porter's at the Pan American pier were unorganized.....Our last few cruise's out of there (Jewel & Adventure) didn't seem so but perhaps because it was RCI Freedom a larger (newer ship to them) may have been the reason.

• 2 months later...

Was last out of San Juan on RCI  Jan 2018 and going again next week.  Last time do not belive porter started accepting luggage until around 10:30 to 10:45 time frame about 10 or 15 minutes before we were allowed into the terminal to check in.  I stood in line with the checked bags and wife stood in line at terminal entrance, i was able to join her for a short while until we were allowed in.  Seems we were on the ship a little after 11:15 or so.

• 3 weeks later...

We boarded Freedom a few weeks ago.  Dropped bags with porters around 10:45, on the ship before 11:30 :)

It was a B2B for us.  The second week new cruisers were coming on the ship around 11:20 I believe.  Barring unforeseen delays, that is pretty typical in SJU.

Edited by bouhunter

On 2/12/2019 at 2:19 PM, bouhunter said:

We boarded Freedom a few weeks ago.  Dropped bags with porters around 10:45, on the ship before 11:30 🙂

It was a B2B for us.  The second week new cruisers were coming on the ship around 11:20 I believe.  Barring unforeseen delays, that is pretty typical in SJU.

We're doing a B2B in November.  Did you have to leave the ship with your bags in between sailings or were you allowed to stay onboard?

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 8:17 PM, jeb1990 said:

We're doing a B2B in November.  Did you have to leave the ship with your bags in between sailings or were you allowed to stay onboard?

We stayed onboard, customs came on the ship and did their thing at the lounge on deck 5 forward.