FANTASY CLASS SHIP QUESTIONS

Cruisegirl6

Hello we have strayed away from Carnival the past three years and now tired of RC, if anybody can answer our questions it be appreciated.  We will be going on the Elation in February.

1-  Can you still get caesar salad late night at the pizzeria?

2-  How is the windjammer lunch, I recall it to be not so good on these ships, has it improved in selection/variety and quality?  Do they still have a meat carving each day for lunch?

3-  For the past few years we always got a balcony, this year we got an oceanview, are the rooms warm during the night?

4-  What is there to eat late at night past 11pm?

5-  Is it worth getting the drink package, I recall the glasses on many drinks to be very small compared to what we got on other cruise lines.

Like to hear your pros and cons of the fantasy class ships.

2 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Hello we have strayed away from Carnival the past three years and now tired of RC, if anybody can answer our questions it be appreciated.  We will be going on the Elation in February.

1-  Can you still get caesar salad late night at the pizzeria?

2-  How is the windjammer lunch, I recall it to be not so good on these ships, has it improved in selection/variety and quality?  Do they still have a meat carving each day for lunch?

3-  For the past few years we always got a balcony, this year we got an oceanview, are the rooms warm during the night?

4-  What is there to eat late at night past 11pm?

5-  Is it worth getting the drink package, I recall the glasses on many drinks to be very small compared to what we got on other cruise lines.

Like to hear your pros and cons of the fantasy class ships.

1.  Unsure about the salad

2.  Windjammer lunch wasn't a 5 star meal, but I enjoyed it.  I am almost certain they had a carving station.

3.  Room was always comfortable, you can adjust using the nob in ceiling (Fantasy)

4.  They usually had pizza, and until about 1 hotdogs, hamburgers, and pub type food available.

5.  How many drinks would you drink in a day?  More than 5-6?  Each day?  Then yes, it is worth it.  If you won't hit that, then it would be a waste.

Pro - ship is smaller, so you are able to experience the entire ship, not as crowded imo.

Con - Ship is smaller, so less to do/experience that a larger ship.  However i wasn't bored once!

To answer your question about the ocean view room, while I know cabins differ greatly from ship to ship, and even on the same ship, we were in an ocean view on the Imagination last month and I was freezing the whole time. Granted, we could have turned the a/c down, but my husband likes it like that, so I just asked for more blankets and dealth with it.