explorer of seas questions

10 hours ago, vjldhk said:

This is the floor plan for the 2 bedroom grand suite on Explorer of the Seas.  I am sure you will have an amazing time!

2 bedroom grand suite floor plan.jpg

thanks for the layout..looks amazing  9 night Southern Carib.  I was able to book the 2 room grand suite, #9394, for $6932 for 3 adults....do you think that is a good rate?

2 hours ago, sisocialworker said:

thanks for the layout..looks amazing  9 night Southern Carib.  I was able to book the 2 room grand suite, #9394, for $6932 for 3 adults....do you think that is a good rate?

That is about what we paid for 4 adults and a baby (kids sail free promo) for 7 night Pacific Coastal.  The 7 night Alaska itinerary was almost double this.  I think you have gotten a good rate especially for the time of year.

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 2:17 PM, sisocialworker said:

i am thinking of booking EoS for 12/19 9 night Southern Carib.  I was able to book the 2 room grand suite, #9394, for $6932 for 3 adults....

for those with more experience is that a good price?

anyone have current pic's/vid of the cabin...I'm not sure if the 2nd bedroom has a tv?

I think EoS is going into dry dock on jan 2020....will the ship be in bad shape.....and should we go for a newer ship?

how is the balcony , it says there are "obstructions"

don't see any "live reports" from explorer on CC?

thanks  

If you are talking about the Aft Family Suites on the Explorer, I have stayed in there.  no, the 2nd bedroom does have a tv...one is in Master bedroom and one in the living area.  LOTS of storage...the balcony is quite large- table with four chairs, two full loungers and a couple of end tables.  The obstructed view is the fact that some steel beams may be in the way.  We were on the 9th deck and had no issues.  You look straight out to the wake, but I would suggest booking the highest deck.  If not, those on higher decks can look down onto your deck!  U get nice perks for this suite....The price seems fair, especially if gratuities are included in that price.  We were on a 9-day and had 7 of us and it was around $11,000, including all the gratuities, but I think we got a great deal and it was a few years ago too.   You will get priority seating at shows and have access to concierge's lounge with free drinks, snacks delivered to the room daily, among some other things....The ship is older, but very nice!  I recently went on Harmony and would go on the EOS again!  I do have pics, just need to find them and then figure out how to post pics on here....lol

Edited by SuiteLady

1 hour ago, SuiteLady said:

If you are talking about the Aft Family Suites on the Explorer, I have stayed in there.  no, the 2nd bedroom does have a tv...one is in Master bedroom and one in the living area.  LOTS of storage...the balcony is quite large- table with four chairs, two full loungers and a couple of end tables.  The obstructed view is the fact that some steel beams may be in the way.  We were on the 9th deck and had no issues.  You look straight out to the wake, but I would suggest booking the highest deck.  If not, those on higher decks can look down onto your deck!  U get nice perks for this suite....The price seems fair, especially if gratuities are included in that price.  We were on a 9-day and had 7 of us and it was around $11,000, including all the gratuities, but I think we got a great deal and it was a few years ago too.   You will get priority seating at shows and have access to concierge's lounge with free drinks, snacks delivered to the room daily, among some other things....The ship is older, but very nice!  I recently went on Harmony and would go on the EOS again!  I do have pics, just need to find them and then figure out how to post pics on here....lol

thanks..deck 9 is the highest for this aft room...no TV in the 2nd room is sad..for kids, but not a deal breaker

25 minutes ago, sisocialworker said:

thanks..deck 9 is the highest for this aft room...no TV in the 2nd room is sad..for kids, but not a deal breaker

Yes, we were on deck 9 also....and when you stand at the balcony railing, you can look down on the deck below.  The kids can watch TV in the living room, at least.  Wear them out during the day and by night time they will be ready to pass out and not miss the TV in the room!  LoL.....Still haven't found pics, however I noticed that vjdhk posted pics and this is exactly what my room pics look like!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Looking to cruise on this ship next year from Australia to Fiji. Some questions

a) Does it have a shallow kids pool or only the main pools which are about 1.2 metres deep. We have a 4 year old.

b) Is there a separate water slide for kids that are small or just the main ones?

c) Is there a water park?

d) Does the 4 year old eat with us in the MDR?

e) Can the 4 year old go to shows at night (early one!)?

Edited by bennob66
Extra Questions

1 hour ago, bennob66 said:

Looking to cruise on this ship next year from Australia to Fiji. Some questions

a) Does it have a shallow kids pool or only the main pools which are about 1.2 metres deep. We have a 4 year old.

b) Is there a separate water slide for kids that are small or just the main ones?

c) Is there a water park?

d) Does the 4 year old eat with us in the MDR?

e) Can the 4 year old go to shows at night (early one!)?

No water slides

4yo can eat with you in mdr

4yo can go to shows.  Don’t forget that early diners go to the late show.

I read a refurb happened in 2018. True?

Ship’s scheduled for 2018 drydock refurbishment resulted in the following deck plan changes:

On Sports Deck 13, the RCI’s signature waterslides “Cyclone” and “Typhoon” were installed (next to the FlowRider simulator).On Spa Deck 12 (aft), the new “Slashaway Bay” kids aqua park was added. This is an interactive water play area with cannons and geysers, replacing the old Outdoor Youth Area (aka “back deck”).The new water park and the duo of waterslides were first introduced on Liberty of the Seas and Harmony of the Seas (Oasis-class).

Is this correct?

1 hour ago, bennob66 said:

Ship’s scheduled for 2018 drydock refurbishment resulted in the following deck plan changes:

On Sports Deck 13, the RCI’s signature waterslides “Cyclone” and “Typhoon” were installed (next to the FlowRider simulator).On Spa Deck 12 (aft), the new “Slashaway Bay” kids aqua park was added. This is an interactive water play area with cannons and geysers, replacing the old Outdoor Youth Area (aka “back deck”).The new water park and the duo of waterslides were first introduced on Liberty of the Seas and Harmony of the Seas (Oasis-class).

Is this correct?

Don't think this is happening until 2020. 

3 hours ago, bennob66 said:

Is this correct?

Nope. I sailed on Explorer Nov 7-16, none of that has been installed yet.

On one of the stateroom channels there was a rundown of the various ships' refurbishment schedules with previews of the new slides/waterpark, I seem to recall that ShazM is correct in saying it will be around 2020.

We will be sailing on Expoyer this coming February in the South Pacific for 14 days.

We were able to book an Owners Suite and will be receiving our first Block on this cruise!

I believe it is about the destinations and what was said earlier that RCCL keeps their ships up to date. What doesn’t show a little wear and tear as you get older, proof of that here! 

Book the cruise and enjoy! 

• Like 1