Koningsdam newbie questions

wlbox

We normally cruise on Princess. Found Good itineraries on  Koningsdam.  Have a few questions.  Does this ship offer a buffet similar to Royal or Regal Princess with numerous food  station options?        Do they offer in cabin On Demand tv?           Movies Under the Stars is fun, does Koningsdam have outdoor evening Movies?        Thank you 

Yes, all HAL ships have a buffet. KDam has a number of food stations.

No On Demand movies that I recall, but that is not something we usually pay attention to.

Yes, KDam has movies in the pool area. However, the roof over the pool is close-able, and, depending on weather, probably will at least be partially closed.

Some reading around the board will get you lots more info.

23 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Yes, all HAL ships have a buffet. KDam has a number of food stations.

No On Demand movies that I recall, but that is not something we usually pay attention to.

Yes, KDam has movies in the pool area. However, the roof over the pool is close-able, and, depending on weather, probably will at least be partially closed.

Some reading around the board will get you lots more info.

Yes, k-Dam has on demand movies. The poolside movies are nice. You can get popcorn at the the NY Deli & they have blankets for the lounge chairs while you watch the movie.

The Lido Market is a buffet with multiple stations, but you do not serve yourself, they will serve you your food & hand it to you, part of HAL’s cleanliness program for which they’re famous. 

I’ve sailed the K-Dam the last two Christmases, it’s a lovely ship, you’ll enjoy your cruise!

We were just on K'dam in June - they certainly have a buffet and if you are like most, you'll probably want to try the Tamarind (up charge restaurant option). There are most certainly in-room on-demand movies. They do also have a large screen by the pool - when we were on it was showing World Cup games almost exclusively.

2 hours ago, HALover said:

Yes, k-Dam has on demand movies. The poolside movies are nice. You can get popcorn at the the NY Deli & they have blankets for the lounge chairs while you watch the movie.

The Lido Market is a buffet with multiple stations, but you do not serve yourself, they will serve you your food & hand it to you, part of HAL’s cleanliness program for which they’re famous. 

I’ve sailed the K-Dam the last two Christmases, it’s a lovely ship, you’ll enjoy your cruise!

NY Deli also has cheese nachos and/or pizza during the movies.  You can have as much or as little as you want.  The sound was a problem for us, as once the roof slides close, there is nowhere for the sound to go.  It bounces off the ceiling and walls and makes listening a problem, at least for us.  The same movie shown one night will be available "on demand" in your cabin the next day.  

K also has hand washing stations on either side of the ship as you enter the Lido Market Place.  As HALover has said the crew takes cleanliness seriously.  There are signs in all the restrooms about washing hands.  Sadly, I've seen some ladies ignore this warning and walk from the restroom without washing their hands.  Ugh!  

Have a great cruise on K.  She's a beautiful ship.

9 minutes ago, lynn2002 said:

Do they show movies in the indoor theatre?  I too have difficulty listening to a film on the big outdoor screen and prefer watching the film in an indoor theatre of cinema room.

We were on the KDam for 32 days in Jan/Feb 2018 and the only movie shown in the theater is the BBC Movie Frozen Planet which is outstanding and is accompanied by live music from the ships band and Lincoln Center folks.  There is no cinema room on the KDam.