Cruise Critic Community
nzwasp

Noumea Tours

We are a family 4 and cruising to Nomeau in mid december with Royal Carribean.  We are interested in the Tchou Tchou train as we think our kids would like it but have a couple of questions:

Is there a good site that actually breaks down where the train goes? all the descriptions seem kind of vague.

Is there more than one train and more than one operator? we are trying to avoid paying Royal Carribean tour prices but it seems that with other tours the cruise line charters the tour operator so you have to pay their prices.

I'm on the HAL Grand Asia and we were in Nouméa a few days ago. I did the Country Tour with these guys, who also operate their own train, although it was cancelled the day we were there because not enough people signed up. They do have several other options, though. https://www.lyvai.com/en/ 

I too echo the lyvai tour - it was very good.  The other option is a private tour - this guy is absolutely amazing.  http://us.tours.nc/prony/ We did a tour with him on our last trip and the price was excellent and he was such a nice guy who really takes pride in showing his country.