Is this real or is this fake news?

ilikeanswers

13 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

https://www.insideedition.com/couple-says-they-found-hidden-camera-pointing-their-bed-carnival-cruise-room-47948

Have to admit I am a little paranoid🤪. When I enter a hotel room I do find myself looking around for any strange electronics🤦‍♂️🤣

It was on both the national news and on our local news....so, I would say it's true.  It's not the first time this has happened....the other incident I heard about (on the national news a couple years ago) was also on Carnival.

The report is so identical to the older one that I wonder if it's just a re-hash of the same one.   The article I read didn't include a date.    As I remember. the consensus on the original report (by all the expert Cruise Critic analysts!) was that someone on the previous cruise had probably hooked up a camera for their own use, then for some reason left it behind.    Maybe one of the room occupants did it without the knowledge of the other and didn't have a private time to retrieve the camera without getting caught.   I've also read reports of the same thing happening in hotels and private vacation rentals, but I suspect it's extremely rare.    

Yes, this happened one year ago....and to me, is a bunch of BS.  Just another case of people looking to cash in.  The device does not record and was not connected. Most likely left behind by a previous passenger. 

I am sure this couple was greatly traumatized. Ugh 😳   They also neglected to say that their son was also sleeping in the same cabin....which IMO, tells me the couple was not walking around naked...  The device was found on the second day

10 hours ago, mom says said:

Pffft. Much ado about nothing. Most likely someone who had the cabin on an earlier sailing made a sex tape for themselves and forgot the camera. The end.

my first thought was a video baby monitor.  keeping eye on the kids  who had their own stateroom.  

You have to read the story to understand story is 13 months old. The "camera" is a cheap piece of junk you can buy from China for $10. When they work, quality is poor at best. The "broadcast" range is about 30 feet, but because of the metal walls of a cabin, I doubt broadcast left the room. My opinion some PAX hooked it up for unknown reason. Being cheap or plain not working, they left it. Please read stories for actual dates, no reason to resuscitate dead stories

1 hour ago, jlp20 said:

The "broadcast" range is about 30 feet, but because of the metal walls of a cabin, I doubt broadcast left the room.

Looks like a transmitter that you can use on a drone. The range is by far longer then 30 feet out in the open, 1600 - 1800 feet.  Inside a cabin with metal walls the range will be far less.