Gluten free beer/lager on the Journey

Wandering Words

• 2 weeks later...

I have to eat gluten free and we were on a TA on Quest this past April while I don't know about the beer, they made constant changes and minor fixes to make sure I could enjoy the menus. Also, my husband needs to have gatorade every day, we let them know ahead of time and they made sure we had it available onboard.  You just have to let Azamara know your needs or wants and they will do everything they can to make it happen. 

On 10/31/2018 at 7:43 AM, Wandering Words said:

Hi all

I'm trying to find out if the Journey carries stocks of Gluten free beer - boarding Miami 24th Nov

Thanks

Sue

Hi Sue, 

I'm not familiar with gluten-free beer. Let me ask for you. In the meantime here’s a link to our beverages onboard: https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/booked-guests/onboard-packages/beverage-packages

On 10/31/2018 at 6:43 AM, Wandering Words said:

Hi all

I'm trying to find out if the Journey carries stocks of Gluten free beer - boarding Miami 24th Nov

Thanks

Sue

Hi Sue, I've received the following from the F&B Manager on your voyage, Friedrich Bubner. He is at your service...

"Hello Bonnie,

Yes we do carry the Estralla Damm Daura beer onboard which is gluten free. The beer is chargeable and the price is $4.95/bottle.

If you can ask Sue to provide us with her full name, we can contact her on embarkation day. Alternatively she can ask Guest Relations to call the Bar Manager once onboard. 

Best regards,

Fred"

• 1 year later...
On 10/31/2018 at 1:43 PM, Wandering Words said:

Hi all

Thanks

Sue

Hi Sue,

How did the gluten free beer go?  I’m hoping they had it for you but think it is a bit off that it is not included like normal beer.  We will be on Pursuit in Feb.  How was your experience with being gluten free in general.  We have sailed a lot on RCI and a bit on Celebrity and they were both great.  Thanks.

On 11/12/2018 at 1:29 AM, Bernergirl said:

I have to eat gluten free and we were on a TA on Quest this past April while I don't know about the beer, they made constant changes and minor fixes to make sure I could enjoy the menus. Also, my husband needs to have gatorade every day, we let them know ahead of time and they made sure we had it available onboard.  You just have to let Azamara know your needs or wants and they will do everything they can to make it happen. 

Does this include FeverTree Tonic water.

• Haha 1

On 11/1/2018 at 12:23 PM, Whitby100 said:

Am I correct there are no hard ciders?

There is a hard cider, Strongbow, and I enjoyed it at lunch several times.  Tasty.  Although the servers seemed perplexed when I ordered it.

9 hours ago, earn said:

Hi Sue,

How did the gluten free beer go?  I’m hoping they had it for you but think it is a bit off that it is not included like normal beer.  We will be on Pursuit in Feb.  How was your experience with being gluten free in general.  We have sailed a lot on RCI and a bit on Celebrity and they were both great.  Thanks.

I am celiac with 7 additional dietary restrictions and have sailed on the Quest and Journey many times.  Azamara's Chefs bend over backwards to accommodate the food restrictions and I have never had a problem. They are fantastic!!

• Like 1